PDA

View Full Version : "Competitive" Orcs and Goblins 2500

Siphen
10-04-2012, 08:32
I'm not really sure if O&G can really get competitive, but here's my best shot. Any suggestions for improvements would be appreciated. Thanks!

Lords (540)

Black Orc Warboss
- Enchanted Shield
- Dragonhelm
- Dawnstone
- Trickster's Helm

Savage Orc Great Shaman
- Level 4 Wizard
- Lucky Shrunken Head
- Fencer's Blades

Heroes (322)

Black Orc Big Boss
- shield
- shrieking blade
- BSB

Night Goblin Shaman
- Level 2 Wizard

Night Goblin Shaman
- Level 2 Wizard
- Dispel Scroll

Core (626)

34 Savage Orc Big 'Uns
- Savage Orc Boss
- Musician
- Standard Bearer
- Additional Hand Weapons
- Big Stabbas

39 Night Goblins
- Bows
- Full Command
- 2 Fanatics

Special (742)

3 Spear Chukkas

25 Black Orcs
- Full Command
- Banner of Eternal Flame
- Shields

3 Trolls

18 Squig Herd
6 Herders

Rare (270)

Doom Diver

Mangler Squig

Mangler Squig

Snotling Pump Wagon
- Spikey Roller

Black Orc Warboss (general) goes with the Black Orcs and deals with the scary stuff. The Savage Orc Shaman goes with the Big 'Uns, giving them all a 5+ ward. The Fencer's Blades are just for survivability (most things need a 5+ to hit) and to kill stuff with Fists of Gork. I feel like I should increase the Goblin unit and give them Netters to turn them into a better tarpit unit. They don't have a high damage output and even with high numbers, they won't last very long. Thoughts?

I know most people hate Spear Chukkas and I know they're not great. However, this army packs a punch in combat and I feel like the long-range support is needed. As for other options, I think that three Spear Chukkas are better than a single extra Doom Diver.

Arnizipal
10-04-2012, 15:13
The Night Goblins need at least a character if you expect them to be a tarpit. As they are now they'll run at the first sight of trouble.
Dropping a chukka should nearly free up the points for nets (which are also life-savers).

Goldenwolf
10-04-2012, 16:43
Does anyone use a horde where you play?

Seems like you have a lot of small units with limited staying power against any heavy hitter.

Lose the Pump Wagon, Trolls, and Night Gobbos, and buff up the Black Orcs and Savage Orcs. If you have points left over then get more squig herds.

Another Black Orc Hero for the Savage Orcs would help keep the lads in line. You can lose the 2nd Shaman with no dispel scroll for some more points.

Good Luck

Siphen
10-04-2012, 17:35
Thanks for the suggestions!
- Hordes aren't particularly popular here.
-I forgot to mention that the Black Orc Hero is going with the Savage Orcs. Don't want my 450 point unit failing animosity :)

I think I do need to lose one of the NG Shamans...just because there's no place for him to go (other than putting both shamans in the NG unit). I just don't want to be stuck with "only" 2 goblin spells, as really only 2-3 spells are half-way decent.

Would it be worth it to put a "naked" Black Orc Hero with the Goblins? I feel like it's a waste of 90 points to throw away on a little Goblin unit.

As for the units with staying power, O&G don't really have those :D The only way to make the units more survivable would be to bring hordes, and then we're talking about 700+ point units that are less maneuverable. Other than that, we can't really do any better than WS 4, Toughness 4, and a semi-decent save.

Dreadlordpaul
10-04-2012, 18:46
Your black orc cannot take both the dragon helm and the enchanted shield

Arnizipal
10-04-2012, 21:45
Your black orc cannot take both the dragon helm and the enchanted shield
...or the Trickster's Helm alongside that.
One piece of magical armour is the limit. You have three!