PDA

View Full Version : Aarrrghhh!!! Cries

Corn Berserker
28-04-2006, 20:52
Yesterday (PAY DAY WOOHOO!!!) I spend nearly Ģ100 on a Daemon Hunter codex, 10 Grey Knights, 5 Grey Night termis, an Inquistitor Lord and Stern. Last night I spray painted these. This morning my mums goes into garage without the light on. KKRRRUUUNNNCCHHH!!!

She's offered to replace them but oohh the frustration.

Let's hear your stories about accidentily destroyed minis. Come on, it'll make me feel better.

god octo
28-04-2006, 20:55
me and flying bases do not get along. first i break all my warhawks, then me and my friend are having a battle, i move a tank and, snap!. there goes the flying base for the second time. i felt so bad.

Latro_
28-04-2006, 20:58
gluein cyper's sword on the back (this took ages, like SO long)
then dropping it and it falling off and the arms stayed on! sometimes its the little things that send you into a fit of rage.

Messiah
28-04-2006, 21:00
I can tell you about the black unlimited edition (2nd after alpha/beta) deck my mom put in the washing machine (in a pocket). I spent a whole lot of money on that (admittedly during 3rd edition, so not as much as I would have now). She didnt replace them, and I was pretty upset. I think it was ten years ago now, so I got over it eventually.. ;)

Acolyte
28-04-2006, 21:03
I have a Box of Shame, filled with botched conversions.

IIRC, it contains the remains of:
Greatcoat Kasrkin Sergeant (Greatcoat became a big solid lump of GS)
Crisis Battlesuit/SAMAS conversion (Jump packs became GSes/glued in the wrong spot)
Numerous Battlesuit weapons with the magnets in wrong.
Steel Legion standard bearer
A handful of paint testers (Two Fire Warriors, a Gun Drone, a Macragge Marine and a Cadian), oddly similar to Veteran Trooper Smik (http://tsoalr.com/view.php?date=2003-10-27).
And a bunch more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Adept
28-04-2006, 21:06
My Black Coach was sitting on top of the boot when someone opened it once. Thankfully the joins shattered with minimal piece bending, meaning the repair and repaint went smoothly.

Captain Brown
28-04-2006, 21:15
Morgen's cat and my Guardsmen...enough said. While I pin my models and use epoxy for joining plastic to metal, figures just are not meant to be launched from the gaming table to meet a concrete floor at speed.

CB

lord_blackfang
28-04-2006, 21:19
Your mum must have very big, very hard feet if she managed to tread on your entire army and crush metal minis :wtf:

Estragor
28-04-2006, 21:23
A handful of paint testers (Two Fire Warriors, a Gun Drone, a Macragge Marine and a Cadian), oddly similar to Veteran Trooper Smik (http://tsoalr.com/view.php?date=2003-10-27).
And a bunch more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Ah yes veteran smik, my first 2000pts marine army looked like him.

Horrible minature mishaps, oh lets see....

1- Attampted conversions (main heavy bolter incident, resulting in a large glob of melted bits
2- A small Lotr Last Alliance force was crushed underfoot by a clumsy parent
3- Spray-painting a old gaming board, somehow resulted in painting what was a blue wall black.

joshypoo
28-04-2006, 21:25
Your mum must have very big, very hard feet if she managed to tread on your entire army and crush metal minis :wtf:
not really since his army consists of <20 figs that were likely close together for basing.

Adept
28-04-2006, 21:39
3- Spray-painting a old gaming board, somehow resulted in painting what was a blue wall black.

You've gotta watch out for that. I once coated everything in the bathroom with a fine mist of black undercoat. Now I undercoat everything outside.

RevEv
28-04-2006, 22:01
The dog, when a puppy, took a liking to my Praetorians just after I'd finished painting them - he got the point that he wasn't to touch them again after being chased around the garden a couple of times.... unfortunately not before he'd chewed up a couple of eldar guardians as well.

Phyros
28-04-2006, 22:07
But they are metal, right? I doubt one step from your mother would have destroyed them beyond repair.

xibo
28-04-2006, 22:36
I(~110lb) fellt the stairs(~10ft) while traversing them with a guardsman in my hand... gave a painfully bruise on my hand after i felt on that mini, but IT survived with just some... flesh wounds...

How can your mother destroy 15 greyknights?

Norminator
28-04-2006, 22:50
Worst disasters that come to my mind;

Just finished painstakingly assembling my XV89 (getting the legs in the right positions etc). I lift it up, drop it, and the legs snap together with the evil ankle joints :cries:.

Also couldn't get a flying stand to fit on my Hammerhead, so spent ages filing the hammerhead before realising I was using the wrong end of the flying stand :o

Warjammer
28-04-2006, 23:03
I had a set of 6 crisis suits and four broadsides that I had painstakingly posed and placed in a box using tissue to keep them in place (big mistake). My friend offers to help me carry them since I was also holding about 2000pts worth of Eldar (bigger mistake). You all know where this is going. He accidentally lets them slip and the whole box falls to the ground. Now if there had been only crisis suits in there than maybe they would have been okay but the heavy Broadsides were like a sledge hammer and the snapped them to pieces plus the broadsides ankles all broke off. I bet every Tau player is wincing at that. We all know about the ankles.

Adept
28-04-2006, 23:12
I bet every Tau player is wincing at that. We all know about the ankles.

You guys don't know nothing. Try worrying about Hormagaunt ankles. Then you'll know what TRUE pain is.

:p

Hortwerth
28-04-2006, 23:44
When I was starting 40k I went with my cousin to our grandma. We were driven there by car, so we took our entire collections of minis. I had some 3500 pts of Dark Angels, he had orks.

The problem was, I was going home earlier and had to do it by train. I accidentally dropped the miniature-full largish case down the stairs to the platform on the railway station and watched it rumble down some 12+ steps being kicked by all the people passing it.

Lots of repairing.

Acolyte
28-04-2006, 23:50
You guys don't know nothing. Try worrying about Hormagaunt ankles. Then you'll know what TRUE pain is.

:p

A Hormie's ankles are thicker then a Battlesuit's, and a Broadside has, like, 1/3 pound of metal on there.
That's pain.

BloodiedSword
28-04-2006, 23:54
Some ouchy stories here.

Also, I suspect that the original poster's mother had a car at her disposal.. that's my guess anyway.

Worst accident I've witnessed wasn't me but a friend..

He had just finished painstakingly painting a mini for a local painting competition (can't remember what it was.. empire flagellant?) and all that was left was to varnish it.

He picks up the spray can out of the box. You can see where this is going, can't you?

Yep. He'd picked up the white undercoat instead of the varnish.

RevEv
29-04-2006, 00:03
On the same line - I had just finished painting and basing some Saurus' (OK not 40K, but still GW) and went to varnish them.

Checked I had the correct varnish - all OK. Spray ...... the varnish comes out white. Turns out it was a dodgy batch. Complained to GW, and they kindly replaced the models... but it's not the same really.

Fortunately the wife likes the slightly aged effect the varnish gives to the models so now they are old ones!

Corn Berserker
29-04-2006, 03:21
In respns to a cupel ofmposts *man Im drunk...itd late on fridayu) my mum stood on th models then did a sote off dance of panic before she relised what she had done and stayd still.

I'll post afain whe i sober up up an away

boogle
29-04-2006, 03:43
i suppose by destroyed, thrown out would count?
well this is what i remember having that was thrown out my the missus:
1 sisters of battle army
750 points of space marine stuff
1 full tank company (including 3 Conquerers, a Tank Destroyer, an Executioner, an Exterminator and various other parts)
23 chimeras (40K scale)
some Eldar
a Reaver titan leg

plus numerous fantasy armies

as to the reason she chucked them out, don't ask my why, but she did (gawds only knows how we're still together)

Col. Dash
29-04-2006, 05:40
My friend backed his truck over his army box. Very few plastic models survived. His metal single piece steel legion guys made it, but unfortunately for many weeks had no tank backup.

der_Kommissar
29-04-2006, 06:02
Two stories:

First: When I was just learning how to play, I had my minis spread out on my floor. I got up to get something and stomped one of them (barefoot), and ended up with a chainsword stuck in my foot. I crushed it, but it fought back.

Second: I kept my minis in a few of those plastic hardware/craft boxes (the snap top boxes with all the little compartments inside) because they were cheap and kept the minis from touching so the paint wouldn't get scratched off...Then one day I dropped one of the boxes, which happened to be full of plastic multi-part minis. Not a single one survived unbroken.

After that I learned my lesson and switched to a foam-lined case. *grumble* expensive case... *grumble*

Steel Fist
29-04-2006, 07:30
Its not as bad as other peoples stories but my fiance is the harbringer of doom to minis.

I don't know what she does, and I know she doesn't mean to but as soon as she picks one up something brakes, falls of, disappears from the model.

The latest on was snapping the aerial of a chimera while trying to pick it up, while telling me she would be careful this time.

:wtf:

skuller
29-04-2006, 08:19
I was transporting my tanks and sentinel squadron from my car to the garage and since I have packed them in a hurry didnt close the box together letf all the stuff on top of another box some clumsy movement from my part and all the legs of my chickens (sentinels) broken one ankle joint missing on leman russ set aside for mayor repair. (cant find any of the missing parts)

Toppan
29-04-2006, 09:27
me and superglue are best buddies, friends forever!
yeah right...i hate the stuff...i end up gluing the bitz to me finger rather than the model :(
oh and i remember my old nids...gawd they were so hard to take off the sprue...didnt have clippers at the time and did the old twisty method...and i still dont understand why they have the weakest part of a hormaguant, the ankle, attached to the most important part, the base...stick?

C. Langana
29-04-2006, 18:05
In respns to a cupel ofmposts *man Im drunk...itd late on fridayu) my mum stood on th models then did a sote off dance of panic before she relised what she had done and stayd still.

I'll post afain whe i sober up up an away
Dude I didn't know you were that drunk when you left here. Well done.:p

Inquisitor_Pink
29-04-2006, 21:00
My Ma bless her she tries her hardest. She was polishing the shelf with my blood angel army on it the shelf fell down. I could have delt with putting the models back together myself and fixing the damage to the painting but she glued everything together where she thought it went.

It was a disaster. So many torsos glued on backwards. Arms all over the place.

I just sighed said "It's alright mum I didn't play with them much anyway."
And put them in a box for a later date. They are still there.

Lyinar
29-04-2006, 21:14
For Yule a couple of years ago, I put together a squad of Ultramarines Veterans for my best friend.

One day a month or two later, he had another of our friends staying over, and said friend folded up the comforter he'd brought. Somehow, the Veteran Sergeant managed to get caught up in the comforter and got horribly mangled. My best friend rebuilt him, but it was still painful.

I abandoned my old Broadside suit thanks to the Ankles of DOOOM. The Forgeworld version, being much less top-heavy, and without that treacherous metal-to-plastic join (not to mention having much better-fitting ankles) has since replaced it.

About the only real problem I've had when it comes to metal models being destroyed is the topknot for my Eldar Avatar... dropped him once, and it's never wanted to stay on since then.

Toppan
29-04-2006, 21:18
topknots ugly imo
lets see...i was priming my nids a while back...and left them to dry...was outside on the patio...came back i see nothing there. big :(.
my guess is they blew away...but they were on their bases...

answer_is_42
29-04-2006, 21:39
hmmmmm lets see.......

i put some catachans out to dry on my garden wall after being spray painted.
wind. pond. splash.

15 catachan on newspaper on a table. cat jumped on table. cat jumped off table. newspaper slides. tiled floor. lots of repairing.
that was ages ago anyway.

Adept
29-04-2006, 21:42
My Ma bless her she tries her hardest. She was polishing the shelf with my blood angel army on it the shelf fell down. I could have delt with putting the models back together myself and fixing the damage to the painting but she glued everything together where she thought it went.

It was a disaster. So many torsos glued on backwards. Arms all over the place.

I just sighed said "It's alright mum I didn't play with them much anyway."
And put them in a box for a later date. They are still there.

Damn. Thats just tragic, and more so because it's hard to be mad at her when she's tried her best to fix it. Well, at least you've got a lot of bits now...

Pokpoko
29-04-2006, 22:45
the worst? sort of 'self-inflicted", when i hammered a box of gaunts.literally...
the most indignant? my Tau Crisis commander was sat on by my fried. no problem, i managed to glue the joints together. the worst part is that he did exactly the same thing AGAIN the very next battle.this time i had to resort to poxilline, and now my commander wears a pair of socks around his feet:p

Lyinar
30-04-2006, 00:53
Was it O'Shovah? The Dawn Blade could be PAINFUL...

Rabid Bunny 666
30-04-2006, 00:57
let me think....

you know those models which are fragile, like the Red terror, which never breaks when you drop it, then the Tactical Marine ATOMISES when it falls off a hill

well, that was one of my first experiences of GW breakiness

Steel_Legion
30-04-2006, 01:02
Sister sweeping my newly build armoured fist squad onto the floor (first part of the guard army, painted IMHO excelent) i slightly over reacted, but i was raging!

ionfish
30-04-2006, 01:27
My 2nd Edition Blood Angels had a ceiling fall on them.

Morgrad
30-04-2006, 06:16
The Slann Mage Priest on palanquin - has there ever been another Citadel model made with so, so many thin, flimsy, metal bits? (for those of you who don't know the model, think 6 minis carrying a 7th - each with seperate arms, etc.)

This was about 12 years ago, I guess - well before I had learned the importance of pinning. Glued the entire model together and did the best paint job I've ever done on it. It was, in a word, perfection.

Took it outside to the garage, varnished it twice to make sure it was protected. An hour later, I'm walking back into the house with my new, perfect, wonderful, mini - then I tripped and dropped it on the conrete sidewalk.

I never even found all the pieces.

Sir_Lunchalot
30-04-2006, 07:43
As far as my own personal stuff getting broken, the worst I've had is I've had one lascannon team fall off the table and onto the ground, and break at Vet's night at my local GW. three weeks in a row.

Now if you want an interesting story from Vet's night, listen up. GW chinook Centre has a plastic shelving thing they pull out to put coats and army boxes on during caming night, the top shelf is about 6 feet off the floor. my stuff is on the shelf second from teh top. My friend, A, has put his landraider on top of a slippery codex which is itself on top of an uneven jacket. I go to pull my army box off of the shelf. After I do so, the landraider slides off hte top shelf. It would have landed in a soft, foam covered case, but for another GW patron, D, getting his army out of said foam box. Thus A's landraider impacted D's head, then bounced and hit the floor where it subsequently exploded. I apologised profusely, but in the end blamed it on D for having his head in the way. :chrome:

C. Langana
30-04-2006, 19:02
Five steel legion sentinels. On my desk, merrily awaiting undercoat.
My friend comes over, I leave him to look at them while I drain the sea monster and when I get back 5 sentinels bodies, 10 separate legs and he's just standing there in total shock.

Rypher
01-05-2006, 02:03
Well, back about a year ago...
Finished painting my Eldar the day before. Many banshees, farseers, warlocks, reapers, Avatar, vyper, falcon, 2 wraithlords. Had them on a tray. (I didn't know the benefits of a foam case...)
went to set it down on my table before leaving for a game night. I didn't look and it all fell. slightly dried paint everywhere. Bitz everywhere. I just kinda stared....I did goto the game night after some convincing.

der_Kommissar
01-05-2006, 02:13
New story to add to my list.

So there's this Leman Russ...I take the sprues out of the box and discover that some of them are slightly warped, a byproduct of the injection molding process. But the parts themselves seem okay so I decide to not return it as defective.

Wrong, the parts on those sprues are also warped, and don't want to fit together right. But I'm still convinced I can make it work. so I try to glue the sides together, and they keep popping apart. (clarification, the two plates between which the track spacers sit and around which the tracks are wrapped)

So I get the brilliant idea that the best way to handle this is to just apply more force until the glue dries. Not having any books or other heavy objects around and not wanting to sit there for ten minutes to hold the pieces together, I carefully press the pieces together and sit on them...

Uh, yeah.

I stand up, and discover that the pieces have not adhered to themselves, but to the seat of my pants.

Eventually, with much coaxing, I was able to put together the pieces and make the Leman Russ look something like a proper tank, but that pair of pants still has all these odd stains on it...*smacks self in head*

Jon_Irenicus
01-05-2006, 02:30
*sigh*... where to start?

My Vindicare assassin conversion. Called him "my baby boy". I still carry his pic. Mom managed to destroy him twice. I gave up on him.

My marine commander. My brotherīs banshees, scorpion exarch, two falcons, a Land Raider. An Emperorīs Champion. About... 50 marines up to date.

The orc chariot from the current warhammer boxed set. My barbarian from W. Quest. So many dead miniatures lying around that Iīve given up on them.

Not that I canīt repair them, but 48 hours working on a Marine Commander and seeing his sword chipped and his Storm bolter broken, takes a slice off a manīs heart.

I left my army box at a friendīs house. No problem. They DnDīd with some miniatures as a "stand in". He offered to pay me up for the damages they caused, but I refused. Heīd have an heart attack.

Speaking of accidents, I dropped a friendīs Asus from 30 cm height. It hadnīt made 24 hours yet in his hands.
BTW, on the subject of the worst crash ever, a girl I didnīt know was handling my backpack, we had to jump over a spiked ledge. She threw the backpack. I had a bottle inside.
I told my dad it was the best wine I ever tasted. For 150€, it probably would have been.

Scythe
01-05-2006, 08:56
Nothing that spectacular, but a honorable mention has to go to my 3rd edition Zoanthrope. It manages to topple and lose its head about every battle I play.

Jakeraven
01-05-2006, 09:25
oh so many times my space marine commander he is a plastic marine with lysander shield held out in one hand as his storm sheild and and oop greyknights powesword held in a holding hand in a forward guard possiton. it seems to be standard pratice during a game to fix him. but i will never give up as he is my commander and has brought low many enemies of Him who sits on terra.

Agamemnon2
01-05-2006, 09:32
The worst I've had? You're going to hate me for this...

The one of the worst miniature disasters I had was last week when I set out to disassemble an old Predator for reuse as a Siegfried. Sweeping some of the loose parts off my desk to get more working room, I accidentally elbowed the tank quite hard, sending it tumbling across the floor.

Now, here's the thing. The fall neatly broke over half the glue bonds on the tank, with the turret and sponson assemblies neatly disassembling themselves. Saved me a bunch of work scraping ancient superglue from bonds.

Another recent oops was when I was making a giant SMG for an Ogryn conversion, of which I was pretty proud of. I left the arm onto the desk while I glued said Ogryn's boots his base. When I turned, my hand brushed the bottle of liquid poly which proceeded to tip over and disgorge over half its contents on the desk. No permanent damage to the desk, and I was quick enough to save the ogryn without more than a few splashes onto his boots. the arm, however, was at ground zero, and turned into featureless mush.

der_Kommissar
03-05-2006, 04:07
Another new story not quite in the vein of this thread, in that the vehicle in question actually survived (mostly). However, I still feel it merits mentioning.

I was doing some cleaning up, and had left one of my vehicles (A chimera) sitting out. It somehow in the process of shuffling junk around migrated from my desk to my bed, where I didn't notice it.

I then lastly cleared the stuff off my bed so I could strip off the blankets to throw them in the wash, only I didn't realize I had left the tank sitting on the edge of the bed. I grab the blanket and *fling* watch in slow motion as the chimera flies across the room and hits the floor out of line of sight with a sickening crunch.

eep...

I cringe, then creep over to see what kind of damage has been done.

The only thing that happened was one of the arms on the little commander figure broke off. That's it, nothing else. I'm not entirely sure how the tank managed to violate the laws of physics and fragile miniatures by not shattering, especially since the floor is quite hard and it traveled at least ten feet before hitting the ground.

I immediately bent down and gave thanks to the Emperor...

Smoking Frog
03-05-2006, 04:23
I sat on Abaddon and his blasted daemon sword pierced my butt and lodged itself into my right bum cheek. I had Abaddon hanging to my butt for about half an hour because he twisted his blasted sword. I still have the wound there, looks like a cross.

Oh yeah, and I broke his arm...

C. Langana
03-05-2006, 07:50
I had Abaddon hanging to my butt for about half an hour
The Frog wins by knockout.

Anarchyman99
03-05-2006, 08:01
I had just finshed painting my first IG army (2K) of Catachans Tanks the whole nine yards.....sat it on the cars back seat.....guy cuts me off.....I SLAM and lock to a stop and crash...I didn't open the box for 2 months I just couldn't look.....arms and legs tracks...god it was bad.

lord_blackfang
03-05-2006, 09:03
I only have one horror story:

I had just finished painting my heavily converted Daemon Prince, and put him on a window sill to dry overnight. In the morming, my mum yanks open the courtains, and the Prince goes flying across the room.

I put him back together, but I'll never fix all the chipped paint.

Norminator
03-05-2006, 17:00
I grab the blanket and *fling* watch in slow motion as the chimera flies across the room and hits the floor out of line of sight with a sickening crunch.

Well at least the lascannon's couldn't get it then :rolleyes:

joshypoo
03-05-2006, 17:21
Once in my youth of playing Black Templar I was carrying my Emperor's Champion on the shoebox I kept my rhinos in. Turning to go down my basement steps he surfs his little black base right off and I cringe in pain as he bounces down 15 steps one by one. After 3 agonizing seconds he lands upright and unscathed with his back to the wall at the bottom of the steps defiantly thrusting the "Emperor's schlong" in my direction (yes I had that Emperor's Champion).

EDIT: recounted, only 12 steps

Jellicoe
03-05-2006, 17:48
Enough stories to make any modeller weep

My own, a paltry air to ground incident involving a winged deamon prince. One wing and some green stuff still required after much swearing at rubber bands, super glue etc and requiring intervention from Mrs. J to provide calm and an extra pair of hands

Worst ever disaster. A friend going to a tournament where he was playing Napoleonic Naval. He had a lovely fully rigged, beautifully painted Spanish fleet of Langton Minatures. In a box, placed on the front seat... Car stops suddenly at lights, box moves forward - more dismasted Spaniards than Trafalgar! He never had the heart to repair them....

ASSASSINAWOKEN
03-05-2006, 17:52
No one is better at this than me .... NO ONE!
No one suffered as much as I ... NO ONE!

LOOK!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/hive_angel/Picture_10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/hive_angel/Picture_8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/hive_angel/Picture_9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/hive_angel/Picture_7.jpg

This was a sad day of loss...
GUess who did it?

lee
03-05-2006, 17:53
my baneblade sitting on the paint table of my local gw and geting knocked of by the manager. was not a pretty site:cries:

cookiescrumble
03-05-2006, 18:00
;)
my baneblade sitting on the paint table of my local gw and geting knocked of by the manager. was not a pretty site:cries:

Saw last post by lee, and then thought that he will mention his baneblade. lol

My cat is the most destructive force when it comes to model destruction. Especially when i am waiting for models to dry. Leave them alone and then walk into the kitchen nd my cat is sitting on them. Love her really;)

Hlokk
03-05-2006, 18:02
With me its ankles and crisis suits. I can't get the bloody things to stay on

This happened during the easter holidays.

My mum broke a leman russ demolisher. Dont ask me how, dont ask me why (it was in the top shelf of my wardrobe, where she had no business going.

I ask for the money for a replacement, she has a right go at me.

She then, in the same night, asks me to hand over any old PS2 games that I dont want so she can send them to her friend. I ***** you not.

The number of times I have come home and found models in bits on my table is innumerable.

Leman Russ
03-05-2006, 18:13
Pah, these stories are but nothing compared to my tale of miniature destruction.
But first, some history.
I collect Space Wolves. Always Have (I did have a small tau army then though "EE GADS! WTF AM I DOING!" and propmptly killed them.)
So, I have a full Great Company of Wolves. Thats right, a whole damn company. About 8 packs of Grey Hunters (2 with Razorbacks, 6 with Rhinos), around 4 packs of Blood Claws and 2 Squads of Bikers (all BC with WGPL), 5 Long Fang Packs (all with Razorbacks), 10 Grey Hunter Bikers, 6 Attack Bikes, And all the vehicles (Whirlies, Vindies etc) needed.

Then they all burned to ashes in a house fire.

Norminator
03-05-2006, 18:15
House fires suck, especially when they destroy as many models as that...

ASSASSINAWOKEN
03-05-2006, 18:19
I collect Space Wolves. Always Have (I did have a small tau army then though "EE GADS! WTF AM I DOING!" and propmptly killed them.)

Funny!!!

Then they all burned to ashes in a house fire.

Not funny!!!

Corn Berserker
03-05-2006, 18:27
No one is better at this than me .... NO ONE!
No one suffered as much as I ... NO ONE!

LOOK!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/hive_angel/Picture_10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/hive_angel/Picture_8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/hive_angel/Picture_9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/hive_angel/Picture_7.jpg

This was a sad day of loss...
GUess who did it?

Actually that's pretty much how my garage floor looked, once the light had been turned on to see.

Actually I've got a funny story on behave of our Necron player when he was still in his Dark Angels days. Sprayed them all black and then sprayed them all green. Didn't read instructions on can and sprayed at point blank range. All details on 1500 or so points of plastic minis melted before his eyes.

(Evil)Ash
04-05-2006, 01:51
I once had a hard time putting my penitent engine together, 'cos the bloody superglue didn't stick. I tried everything and when it finally stuck together I noticed one leg was stuck on backwards and I couldn't get it of anymore (figures:rolleyes: ).

Grand Master Raziel
04-05-2006, 03:44
Well, the minis were't destroyed or even damaged, but there was this one incident where a friend of mine had his entire (large) IG army in the trunk of my car (that's the boot, to subjects of the UK). We were hanging out at a friend's house late on a Sunday night, and I was parked out in front of the house. A woman coming home from a bar plows into the back of my car going at least 50 miles per hour. Totals her car, my car, and another friend's car, which was parked in front of mine. Like I stated earlier, the minis were mostly undamaged, but my friend had that panic-enducing moment before we popped the trunk to find out.

fattdex
04-05-2006, 04:23
i had a hell of a time assembling my valkyrie. I got excited and glued the wings on backwards, having to snap them off and put them on the right way (breaking the wing supports). i snapped a tail boom trying to bend it back to straight, and the same with the front nose sensor. Thankfully, i have pinned all of the bits before gluing them back properly, and they should be stronger than they were before. i think there is a life lesson in that, or something.

blackdog
04-05-2006, 15:38
Similar event with my Valkyrie. I had grabbed my box of supplies, with my Valkyrie sitting on top, to begin another step in the joyous task of assembly. I had just started taking my first step toward the assembly station (also known as the kitchen table) and noticed that my cat had suddenly appeared in the same spot where I was intending to put my foot.

Not wanting to step on the evil creature I quickly jinked to the side. Unfortunately my Valkyrie took that moment to lose it's grip on the top of my supply box. End result being that when it hit the floor both wings, one boom and body all went in different directions.

After much cursing I set about the task of putting it back together. This time I used brass rods from the wings through the boom into the body. And as I'm still working on it I'm also more careful to look first before I step.

04-05-2006, 19:47
monolith on desk, brothers freind, enough said

ASSASSINAWOKEN
04-05-2006, 20:28
There was another instance of catostrophic miniature damage, but only to the single miniature category.

On my way to the local gaming shop, I was carrying minatures down a flight of stairs with twelve steps.

I dropped two miniatures being

a librarian in terminator armor
a librairan in power armor

Both miniatures when bing bang bada boom down to an abrupt halt crashing into the ground at the bottom of the stairs in a glorious destruction into multiple pieces.

Both Librarians failed their armors saves, hell they had no saves at all, but dam it was awesome and a sight to see indeed.

AA

skuller
07-05-2006, 04:40
ARRGGGHH part II
was working on my backyard patio will alll my black templars tanks (2 razorbacks 1 predator and a vindie) and start cutting all the pieces from the sprue (was bored) and went to work taking call for the cities utilities that were damage during the a big storm/tornado return early in the morning to my house found that the winds and the storm spread all my bitz of orcs, tanks, karskin/cadian/catachan, black templar, kroots all over my yard...after one hour of pciking peaces here and there I just give up....is soo sad lost like 45% of everything

Aquilla
07-05-2006, 10:22
Came into the gaming club one a and friend handed me a white blob that once was a model, took me half an hour before I realised it was Mephiston, sprayed at point blank range.

Another one,
cat jumps on table, cat jumps off table, 40k scale Imperial Knight jumps off table.

asyzpkj
07-05-2006, 12:18
When the 3rd ed nids were released, my local store had a 'make a gribbly' conversion competition, basically to get rid of all their old metal models. They gave everybody loads of bits and a couple of hours to make the coolest looking monster we could. In the end mine won, and myself and two runners up were asked to go home and paint our model and bring it back the next saturday to be judged. So, after spending the entire week painstakingly painting my model, it was finally done at about midnight on the friday. So I wanted to varnish it, and my Dad offered to carry it downstairs to the garage for me while I cleared away my paints. Because it had been done in about an hour in the store, I hadn't pinned any of the parts and it was pretty fragile. So, of course, as soon as my Dad picked the thing up, he dropped it, and it smashed to pieces. Gaah.

Krusk
07-05-2006, 17:52
Hmmmmmm, lets see, my mom has done some damage. My orc chariot is quite orcy after she stepped on it, and broke it almost completly to pieces, the little spears and the banner pole even broke. oh, and the wheels snapped off too.
I managed to put it together, but the link between the boars and the chariot have always been fragile since. Other than that, having a nightmare, and while flailing about with a pillow, destroying about 2000 points of orcs. About 100 of the orcs broke into mulitple pieces, the banners, which are difficult to balance properly, broke for the most part. Suprisingly, my fiddly and breakage prone command model conversions survived unscathed.

Wolf Scout Ewan
07-05-2006, 23:37
MY Grandmother managing to fall on a big scenery project. Almera buildings are surprisingly resil;ient when u have reinforced them but plastruct isnt.

10 quids worth of plastruct and a weeks work. Now the damn project is overdue by more than 100%.

emperorattack
07-05-2006, 23:42
my valkyrie was knocked off my bookshelf and bang it was broken everywhere

Wraithbored
08-05-2006, 00:08
I think my mother is an Inquistor for the Ordo Xenos. NAmely I've had 3 generations of Hive Tyrants so far 1 from 3rd ed, one from the previous dex and now a new one. She managed to drop and break every damn one during "cleaning" operations, mayhaps she meant purging!!

Agh she promised she'd repalce them but hasn't and won't....

Chrismage
09-05-2006, 03:58
Mine is one of those recurring moments. A while ago decided to convert my Demon Prince from other models instead of buying the expensive metal one. I wound up using a Space Marine standard pole for the neck(with the head being an Icon), and the six Defiler Living Vehicle upgrade tentacles for the arms. Even though I never really green stuffed up the massive gaps in the model, it looks really cool, but there's a price.

It seems that every time I go out, without fail, I wind up dropping it and shattering the neck and at least four of the tentacles. It's been more than once that I've had to go into battle with a headless Demon Prince, but I have become very skilled at regluing plastic...

There's also a guy at my club who's a complete disaster area when it comes to putting models together. Often, they wind up caked in glue or shattered altogether. One of the more famous examples is a Chaplain in Terminator Armor that he used as an experiment in Green Stuff. Now we call it the Tumor Beast. Good times.

Bloodknight
09-05-2006, 12:10
Well, a palīs mother threw away all our BattleTech stuff when she moved without asking first. Stuff for over 1000 euros, in the garbage bin. She didnīt replace them, either.

Overlord Krycis
09-05-2006, 12:47
When I first started playing the game I lovingly assembled and painted a 1500pts force of Space Marines. Then my little brother thought it would be fun to have a game of "Toy Soldiers" with them...with REAL shells and wounds...Basically I come home, zero models left intact, I couldn't even repair them :cries:
And people wonder why I dont let anyone near my minis nowadays...:wtf:

Lyinar
09-05-2006, 13:27
Well, I can now add my cries to those of the rest of you in this thread.

Saturday, as I was coming home from a trip to Atlanta, I stopped by my best friend's apartment in Macon. We had fun, I showed off the miniatures that I'd worked on since the last time I'd been up there. Then, as I was leaving while I was opening my car door, I dropped the box that my models were in, along with the Dark Eldar Codex and my 4th Edition rulebook. Nearly all of my models were damaged. My Forgeworld Broadside proved its worth and resilience by only losing the SMS launchers instead of completely shattering the way a GW-made one would have. My Dark Eldar Dracon lost her painstakingly-converted Agonizer... And I mean LOST... the pieces are still somewhere in the parking lot for my best friend's apartment. One of my Dark Eldar was completely destroyed... Rifle torn in half and that arm ripped completely off, one arm hanging by a 'tendon' of plastic glue, topknot ripped out of her head, and her left leg broken in half... The only thing I can think of is that the Big Black Book hit her. My Raider is mostly intact, but a few pieces went flying.

Of course, there were minor miracles... my Tau Stealthsuit, one of the new ones, managed to survive completely intact, and my plastic, female Eldar Farseer that I'd made after being inspired by one of the other people on the forums not only flew all the way across the sidewalk, but managed to do so completely unscathed.