PDA

View Full Version : Helms Deep Battle Set?

erion
28-04-2006, 23:35
Browsing Alliance Games Distributor's website today, I saw the following item I hadn't heard anything about yet:

GAW 03-32 Lord Of The Rings: Helms Deep Battle Set
$75.00
Does anyone know what the contents might be?

Jon_Irenicus
29-04-2006, 04:24
They were releasing a piece of scenery, Helmīs Deep gates, methinks. Dunno about the "Battle set", though one can figure itīll probably have men of rohan and uruk hai :rolleyes:

Cypher
29-04-2006, 20:22
Along the lines of Balin's Tomb Id guess, but perhaps a few more models.

Basically core rules, a set of walls (of Helms Deep) as well as a bunch of troops (one can guess the principal characters that were there, plus some Rohan soldiers, Elven soldiers and Uruk Hai)

Jon_Irenicus
29-04-2006, 20:30
YAY! That might mean... Plastic Haldirīs Elves!

(/me shivers)

EvC
30-04-2006, 02:34
I think you're assuming way too much there. It's a "battle set" not a game in itself. I'd guess a Helm's Deep fortress (Probably a very good one), plus all the parts you'd need for a siege, e.g. ladders, maybe a battering ram and so on. I can't see any soldier being included, though I could easily be wrong.

Dr Death
30-04-2006, 10:17
I would put a fair amount of money on it being a repackaging (or not even that) of the old Helms Deep walls. It most definately is not going to be a "mines of moria" type starter kit, this has been said at various occassions, Mines of Moria will remain the single starter set for the new edition of Lotr.

$75 also seems to imply it would be the wall sections as i seem to remember that was the price they were originally. So im 99.9% certain on this one.

Dr Death

erion
08-05-2006, 21:49
Yeah, I figured Helms deep Walls as well, but was hoping they'd scanned them and done them in plastic and added a few other bits as well.

Mars
09-05-2006, 09:37
YAY! That might mean... Plastic Haldirīs Elves!
(/me shivers)

/me cries

God I hope not, I've got 26 of Haldir's Elves, and another 12 metal Wood Elves.