PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Rat Ogres

shutupSHUTUP!!!
21-03-2005, 01:10
http://www.bigjoeduke.com/GamesDay2005Atlanta/games_day_atlanta_2005.htm

There's a sprue of plastic rat ogres in there somewhere, I'm sure of it.

MVA
21-03-2005, 01:15
http://www.bigjoeduke.com/GamesDay2005Atlanta/DSCN0383.JPG

Looks kinda good.

Still not good enough to convert me to the rats though. :p

violenceha
21-03-2005, 01:21
lot of interesting pics in there, cheers man
i like the new rat ogres, anyone seen whta the handlers look like? it's hard to tell from the sprue pics

Artemis_Quinn
21-03-2005, 01:26
I've never been a fan of rat ogres myself, but 3 for the price of a box set might make me actually want to play them in my skaven horde, since cost was one of my main issues

skavenguy13
21-03-2005, 01:33
*goes closer to the screen to see*
*goes closer*
*BONK*
*hurts* :(
:eek: great :eek:

BTW, I think it's great that there are some giant rats in the plague monk box.

MVA
21-03-2005, 01:41
I've never been a fan of rat ogres myself, but 3 for the price of a box set might make me actually want to play them in my skaven horde, since cost was one of my main issues

There are two rat Ogres per sprue (the other half seems to be for the handlers), so I think you'll be getting four ogres/six handlers per box, at the very least. From the looks of things that is.

If that IS the case, then I'd be expecting to see more of them popping up in Skaven armies once they're released.

boogle
21-03-2005, 09:11
well i'm glad to say that my prophesy on this was true (said it months ago)

75hastings69
21-03-2005, 09:28
Did anyone notice that Marco Columbo appears in the bottom of a few pictures?

If anyone recalls a post i put on the old forums about him getting a general release nearer the end of this year. He was meant to be for GD Spain only (in fact the box is numbered). Looks more realistic now that he will be released as part of the caampaign.

p.s. Love the new skaven stuff, especially the rat ogres that some people said didn't exist ;)

Rabid Bunny 666
21-03-2005, 12:41
2 units in 1 box, eh?

actually seems like games workshop may get the money/value ratio correct

The Lord of Skulls
21-03-2005, 14:26
Good Day all,

As far as i have learned from the rumours around the internet, there will be most likely six rat ogres per box, for the same price as the current ogre bulls box(not counting upcoming price changes).
Further The Giant Rats are included in this box( hence the 3 handlers per rat ogre sprue).
Combine these with the rats you find in the plague monk box and you can get quite large Giant rat units for a very low cost.

Oh and PS:
The "spears" on the plague monk sprue are totems for scrolls etc, to really make them look like frenzied monks (also useful for flagellants perhaps)

ithiltaen
21-03-2005, 14:53
Quite a lot of interesting stuff there, thanks!

Have you seen that skaven riding...that thing? It's on the "new releases" section. What can it be? A new Moulder monster for the Lustria campaign doesn't seem aproppiate...but, well, we are having new Rat Ogres, so I don't know...

EDIT: There's a more clear pic of it on the Lustria thread...is a damn big rat ridden by a damn big skaven...

t-tauri
21-03-2005, 15:03
Did anyone notice that Marco Columbo appears in the bottom of a few pictures?

If anyone recalls a post i put on the old forums about him getting a general release nearer the end of this year. He was meant to be for GD Spain only (in fact the box is numbered). Looks more realistic now that he will be released as part of the caampaign.
I think the numbered Spanish release was for a charity. Makes me happy I resisted the temptation to buy one on ebay since he's getting a general release with the Lustria book.

Like the Rat Ogres. Look good for 40k Big Mutant conversions as well.

t-tauri
21-03-2005, 15:03
Have you seen that skaven riding...that thing? It's on the "new releases" section. What can it be? A new Moulder monster for the Lustria campaign doesn't seem aproppiate...but, well, we are having new Rat Ogres, so I don't know...

EDIT: There's a more clear pic of it on the Lustria thread...is a damn big rat ridden by a damn big skaven...
It's the special character Nurglitch.

worldshatterer
30-03-2005, 16:50
If only there was another gun arm on the sprue, would make it mighty tempting to turn these guys into ogrynns for 40k .

Ethereal Alpaca
30-03-2005, 18:52
Good Day all,

As far as i have learned from the rumours around the internet, there will be most likely six rat ogres per box, for the same price as the current ogre bulls box(not counting upcoming price changes).

Nah, they'll be three to a box. You're forgetting that they have to fit in all the packmasters, giant rats and extra accesories in a box the same size as the ogre bulls.

These new rat ogre are great. The current ones are too skryre oriented. These ones, you can really see being grown in breeding vats by master moulders.

Sgt John Keel
30-03-2005, 19:30
I think the numbered Spanish release was for a charity. Makes me happy I resisted the temptation to buy one on ebay since he's getting a general release with the Lustria book.

*Sigh.* Why do people try to sell Marco on eBay for way over the top prices when he's available from theSpanish online store?

/Adrian

Akuma
30-03-2005, 20:06
Does anyone will use rat ogres now :D ??? I like the models but thay have those damn ****** rules :D - and for avarge skaven player ( pG ;) ) Skyer thamed rat ogres are the thing he would be looking for :D

Ethereal Alpaca
01-04-2005, 16:15
Does anyone will use rat ogres now :D ??? I like the models but thay have those damn ****** rules :D - and for avarge skaven player ( pG ;) ) Skyer thamed rat ogres are the thing he would be looking for :D
I think the word you're looking for is "stereotypical" rather than average....Anyway, lets not get drawn into one of those discussions.

I will certainly be getting the new ogres, but I don't know how often I'll use them. I will always take them against undead or chaos, but that's about it. Of course, remember that they're including giant rats in the box, which most people like a lot, so they'll buy it for them, then if they've got the ogres models they will have more incentive to use them.

Avian
01-04-2005, 18:10
Nah, they'll be three to a box. You're forgetting that they have to fit in all the packmasters, giant rats and extra accesories in a box the same size as the ogre bulls.
Rumour (http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakka/Default.aspx?tabid=27&g=posts&t=5109) has it that each 18-pund box has ten minis, though that's probably a typo and presumably it's two rat ogres, 6 giant rats and 3 pack masters.
*sigh* I had hoped for twice as many minis. Now I'll probably buy a couple of boxes, eventually, but it will take a lot more time.

Ursca
01-04-2005, 18:22
Alternatively, it could be 4 rat ogres, 6 packmasters and the rats could be counted as 'extras'. I certainly hope that's it, otherwise my dream of a cheap Moulder army is out the window. :(

Akuma
01-04-2005, 19:49
I wouldnt count on that - where was that picture of skaven battalion - on dakka i think and inside it there are 2 of them :cool:

skavenguy13
01-04-2005, 21:21
the Moulder box:
2 rat-ogres
6 giant rats
3 packmasters

However, I saw lots of "giant" rats in the plague monk sprue. They're not big enough, but two on a base would be ok IMO and there's like 6 per sprue :D
Also, there are some in the clanrats box. Meaning with the bataillion you should be able to make around 15 giant rats.

Akuma
02-04-2005, 11:18
wouldnt those rats be better for plouge rats swarm ???

Ethereal Alpaca
02-04-2005, 11:37
wouldnt those rats be better for plouge rats swarm ???
That all depends whether you want plague rat swarms in your army or not.

skavenguy13
02-04-2005, 12:38
I'll just glue 2 per base and say it's a giant rat.
And i already have 6 swarms, I don't think I need more :p (I bought stuff from other players and had to buy the last 4)

ReDavide
07-04-2005, 01:27
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious...

But why do the rat ogres have guns?

Avian
07-04-2005, 08:37
Because it looks amusing and lets you create skryre-themed rat ogres, if you want.
Not for any rules reason.

Festering Chantor
07-04-2005, 09:31
I just figured it was some kind of pus-gun or something (thought they were the Pusbags), but there is nothing in the rules about any ranged weapons for ROs.