PDA

View Full Version : Anti Eldar K9 unit

Bree
19-04-2012, 10:10
So I got home from work, and some how my show case models were knocked over and a few missing, on a shelf that was 6 feet high. In the kitchen were peices. My new puppy got to, 2 war walkers a wriathlord and vyper beyond repiar. Im waiting for the vyper to come out his other end. My buddys would like to incorperate my dog in thier list. HA HA So 2 heavy weapon choices and a fast attact gone, $150 gone, Time converting and painting gone.

So how many pionts for a 22lbs Blue Aussie/ border collie?

I say a least 800 since that how much an Eldar titan goes for

Ace Rimmer
19-04-2012, 18:12
We've been considering using my friends cat as a Heirophant in his 'nid list for some time to bring him up to a decent size apocalypse list.

Beppo1234
19-04-2012, 22:10
my puppy ate a couple of bare minis I was about to work on... I'd have been furious had they been in the painting process or finished, just a little while ago. But cats are worse for this I think. They're more able to get into your out of reach safe zone, for your minis, and they have that way of slowly pushing something off the edge of a shelf or table, one millimetre at a time

Monospot
19-04-2012, 22:31
5k points minimum. A puppy could easily chew up several Reavers before dying from intestinal rupture.

I hope your puppy is ok!

Scaryscarymushroom
19-04-2012, 22:35
My sympathies.

I baby-sat a puppy a little while ago that munched up a few pewter OOP Necrons. They were painted up pretty well, too. Since then, I've filed down the bumps where the teeth-marks were and filled in the holes with liquid green stuff. I pinned the legs of the damaged Tomb Spyder back together and resculpted some minor details. Now they're all awaiting paint. Not quite good as new, but pretty darn close.

Can you do anything similar with your titan? Are you sure it's beyond repair?

Beppo1234
20-04-2012, 00:22
5k points minimum. A puppy could easily chew up several Reavers before dying from intestinal rupture.

I hope your puppy is ok!

I don't even think the puppy would die! It would just pass the now incoherent pieces of resin, and one would be left with the horrible task of cleaning up the mess... and playing the easter egg hunt to see if anything useable survived the passage through the eye of terror

FashaTheDog
20-04-2012, 01:02
Ah, pets and Warhammer, always a fun topic. The store I play at has two live-in security guards, aka cats. Often times one of them will hop on to a table and make herself comfortable. On the rare occasion my foe is likewise too lazy to move her we've his cat hanger (http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT88tL3sCh2Hsv35foRkHZZrunzFduNv SkT7utMABUtdTgA12rjLmCFDHaYig) under the cushions. I've lost entire squads off my desk only to find them in the cat's hanging lair, but protected thanks to the fiddly bits poking through the netting. One of these days I will lose parts if it continues, but I'm hoping to teach my cat how to play before that day so he knows not to break my/our stuff.

Lord Inquisitor
20-04-2012, 01:25
I once had a hamster stuck in a land raider. Had to cut him out with a pair of clippers.

Born Again
20-04-2012, 03:37
You could always just rename your puppy "Slaanesh".

I once had a hamster stuck in a land raider. Had to cut him out with a pair of clippers.

Or, you could have just left it in there to represent Daemonic Possession.

Aegius
20-04-2012, 06:31
My Dachshund would better be used representing impassable terrain. All he does is sleep.

Beppo1234
20-04-2012, 09:05
I once had a hamster stuck in ...

so many great stories start this way

noobzor
20-04-2012, 16:59
There's nothing quite like priming your models, only to realize that they were actually covered in cat hair.

silverstu
20-04-2012, 17:15
There's nothing quite like priming your models, only to realize that they were actually covered in cat hair.

This.. very much this..

Lord Inquisitor
20-04-2012, 17:26
Ha, your avatar looks pretty pleased about it...

FashaTheDog
20-04-2012, 18:13
Wait a minute. You mean the cat hair isn't part of the original model? When did this happen? I thought miniatures were packed in cat hair to protect them in shipping.

In all seriousness, being owned by a cat has trained me into checking for and removing cat hair as soon as I bring the models outside to be base coated. The rare times I do this at my local store I am genuinely surprised at the lack of cat hair, kind of like if there was no flash on a model straight from the package.

cynic
20-04-2012, 19:37
Double ouch!

Ouch for you - at the loss of your models/money/time/effort.

Ouch for your dog - when he poops out that vyper!

Sildani
20-04-2012, 20:00
My cat knocked my WIP Scorpion super-heavy tank off a shelf. It shattered. This was 2 years ago.

It... it still hurts, man...

Bree
25-04-2012, 15:03
Forgot to mention he Also got to a Falcon and a wave serpent .. but the teeth marks look like battle scars so i guess i should be some what thankfull. except i have an appocalypes game this week end and not too happy rewriting my list

Captain Collius
25-04-2012, 15:22
My chinchilla stared down a dreadnought and then attempted to fight it. (fotunately it was an assault on black reach dread that laughed at being kicked off the desk.)

AlphariusOmegon20
25-04-2012, 22:13

Around my house, It's Husky hair.

He should be bald by now considering how much hair we find throughout the house.....

Exitas-Acta-Probat
25-04-2012, 22:27
my warhound titan recently indroduced his face to the floor, everything from the waist down is in many many broken bits. of course i dont have any pets, only myself to blame for that one...

bobafett_h
25-04-2012, 22:37
I had a Land Raider chewed up by a dog. Luckily I hadn't put too much work in it as it wasn't painted and not fully assembled and most of the damage was only to one corner. Still though, the attack made it basically impossible to use for a normal Chaos/Marine army so I have since passed it and all of the chewed off and twisted bits to my brother-in-law to convert to Nurgle since that is the only way it could be useful again...

FashaTheDog
26-04-2012, 00:06
I had a Land Raider chewed up by a dog. Luckily I hadn't put too much work in it as it wasn't painted and not fully assembled and most of the damage was only to one corner. Still though, the attack made it basically impossible to use for a normal Chaos/Marine army so I have since passed it and all of the chewed off and twisted bits to my brother-in-law to convert to Nurgle since that is the only way it could be useful again...

Start/expand an Ork army and there is a beautiful start to a looted wagon or battle wagon. Say it was attacked by a giant squigoth and repaired in typical green skin fashion.

Paul 8v
26-04-2012, 12:48
But cats are worse for this I think. They're more able to get into your out of reach safe zone, for your minis, and they have that way of slowly pushing something off the edge of a shelf or table, one millimetre at a time

This ^^^^^

Konovalev
26-04-2012, 17:02
One weekend when I was staying at a friends house we left our game in progress, space marines vs chaos space marines and went to sleep. His cat never bothered us while we were playing so we didn't think anything of leaving our models out.

When I woke up the next morning I found myself with a lap full of space marines, land raider on the floor, and speeders all knocked over. On the table, none of my friends chaos models had been touched. I conceded the match and we concluded that his cat was a greater daemon of tzeentch.