PDA

View Full Version : sob exorcist

Bal
29-04-2006, 19:39
I got my very first Exorcist this week through mail order.
And man....does that tank ROCK!!!! it looks so great!!!

But something's bothering me...
Where do the missles come from?
At first i thought through the organ pipes, but the guys at my local GW say they don't, they don't know where they DO come from though.

maby any of you know....

thnz;)

Bal

Serpine
29-04-2006, 20:10
:confused: Unless they are being warped in my the sisters' faith in the Emperor, there really is no place for them to come out other then the pipes. I think the guys at the store were just joking... or maybe you are?

Biellan
29-04-2006, 20:26
from how i understand it they definitely come out of the organ, if you look down in front of the organ there is a servitor loading in missiles and the sister at the front is playing the organ which fires the missiles.

Icarus
29-04-2006, 20:37
AFAIK they come out of the pipes, which fire rather erratically being an ancient machine and hence the D6 shots. I assume they are homing missiles as well as those missiles are firing straight up...

damz451
29-04-2006, 21:04
i wish the whirlwind had rules like that, all those missiles sitting there doing nothing :(

Mikko
29-04-2006, 23:34
Yeah, it's the organ pipes. I think it's an homage to the Pandemonium organ/warmachine in the 2000AD comic Nemesis the Warlock (a major influence on the Imperium in general).

Loricatus
01-05-2006, 16:46
I am not so sure on that... there's no direct connection between the organ pipes and the loading bay... to me it looks more like they just launch out of their short tubes in the recessed area where the servitor sits.

The d6 shots are explained more by the fact that the servitor isn't always up to speed IIRC.

Mikko
01-05-2006, 16:56
On page 23 of Codex Witch Hunters, there's a painting of an Excorcist with smoke coming out of the organ pipes, while in the background others can be seen actually firing their missiles (the fifth wallpaper here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/witchhunters/downloads/1/)).

damz451
01-05-2006, 17:07
those theving battle b****s they stole the dark angels battlecry!!!!!!!

look at the main witch hunter page and it has "Repent for tomorrow you die" !!!!!!!!!!!

Icarus
01-05-2006, 20:21
God knows why, its a terrible battlecry.

russian
01-05-2006, 20:42
The d6 shots are explained more by the fact that the servitor isn't always up to speed IIRC.

its not that, its because it is from the dark age so they dont knwo how to fully maintian it and its old and tempremental, not cus there is a slow servitor otherwise they would easily fix the problem, with a new one

Ravening Wh0re
01-05-2006, 22:15
Nice piece of kit.
Does anyone know what's its LOS? I mean, does it count as turreted, or just a 90 degree frontal arc?

Mikko
01-05-2006, 22:19
God knows why, its a terrible battlecry.
Yeah, I've always preferred John Smith's "Eat, drink and be merry my lads, for tomorrow we die!" :D

frod
01-05-2006, 23:48
The missiles do not come from the organ pipes, if you look carefully at the model, specifically at the bottom of the servitor pit you will see 3 launch tubes between the servitor mount and the organ pipes, 1 has no missile in it whilst 1 appears ready to fire and the last seems to have the missile in a slightly higher position, (perhaps in the process of launching ?)

As for its LOS I've always assumed the missiles launch vertically then drop on top of the target like many real systems so I'd count it as turreted for LOS purposes

Bregalad
01-05-2006, 23:48
Yeah, it's the organ pipes. I think it's an homage to the Pandemonium organ/warmachine in the 2000AD comic Nemesis the Warlock (a major influence on the Imperium in general).

No, it is an hommage to the WW2 Russian rocket launchers on a truck, that were nicknamed "Stalin Organs".

BTW nice and stylish models, I own two of them.

Mikko
02-05-2006, 00:06
No, it is an hommage to the WW2 Russian rocket launchers on a truck, that were nicknamed "Stalin Organs".

BTW nice and stylish models, I own two of them.
Yeah, we actually still have those in Finland... I've personally given one a speeding ticket. No, seriously. :D

Anyway, you sure about that? Because, what with all the other stuff they nicked from 2000AD, I sure am not...