PDA

View Full Version : Any free 40k list/army builders?

mongoosedog300
30-04-2006, 08:59
does anyone know of any free 40k list/army builders?

Mikko
30-04-2006, 10:53
Yeah, it's called Excel. :D

Orbital
30-04-2006, 11:00
Last I checked, Excel isn't free :)

Asi the Red
30-04-2006, 11:07
Hey ya'.

Their trial version is free:
http://www.wolflair.com/
Hit the Army Builder 3 tab, then the Army Builder Downloads button, then the Download Army Builder v3.1c

mongoosedog300
30-04-2006, 11:18
ooooo mikko got surved:D
Anyway im no good with exel

Cheatah
30-04-2006, 12:16
Last time I checked, the army builder trial only allows you to make armies up to 500pts (but last time I checked was about 3 years ago)

scottd34
30-04-2006, 18:07
V3 demo is limited to 3 units.. v2 is 500 points. I have v2 since it does the job just fine for what i need.

Some guy (UK)
30-04-2006, 18:17
I wouldn't mind having a free army list builder, but what the hell, I'll just use my brain. I tried the trial of the army builder mentioned, but it didn't work.

@Mongoose, I'd suggest you edit the length of your sig. Last time I checked it was 7 lines max, IIRC ;)

Later, Some Guy

Mikko
30-04-2006, 19:12
Last I checked, Excel isn't free :)
Oh, yeah, that's right, you're supposed to pay for it...

...uh... I mean, yes, of course! Silly me! Of course it isn't, and what a rip, eh? Cost an arm and a leg, couldn't afford it, really, but it's *******' necessary for school so whatcha gonna do. Damn you, Gates! Damn you to Heck! :mad:

But seriously, most computers already have Office, anyway, so you might as well use it for something. :)

Da Reddaneks
30-04-2006, 19:14
Uhhhh, buy the codex and get a pencil and paper. Being a snakebite we think that the old ways are best and dont trust all this new fangled technology.

Asi the Red
30-04-2006, 20:13
Hey ya'.

@ Some guy: sorry to hear it didn't work, I've never had any problems with mine.

And yes, the new version only allows three units, but you can open however many windows of it that you want. It gets a little clustered to have a window for HQ, another for Elites, another for FA, etc; but it's never really bothered me.

@ Da Reddaneks: I agree. If you're going to build an army you aught to own the 'Dex. I'm building a Tau army, and have the 'Dex. But I'm also thinking about future projects, something to work on after I finish up my Tau, and I've looked at Daemonhunters, SM, CSM, and Necrons as possible future projects. I've got to say that being able to get a feel for their capabilities from AB instead of having to buy their codex's just to think about building them is a real advantage. It's also a nice way to get a look at things your opponents might bring without having to buy their codex.

Grimtuff
30-04-2006, 22:17
Army Builder all the way IMO.

Plus please edit your sig, Some Guy is correct. It has to be 7 lines or less

boogle
30-04-2006, 22:24
aye investing in army builder is a very good idea IMHO

t-tauri
30-04-2006, 23:28
I'd recommend army builder. I used to be a dyed in the wool pencil and paper type but the flexibility and points tweaking ability of army builder sold it to me.

Kelpi
01-05-2006, 01:40
I use Excel which isnt free but OpenOffice has a spreadsheet program called Calc. I am surprised no one else has mentioned it.

Its not strictly an Armybuilder but its the next best thing.

mongoosedog300
01-05-2006, 03:01
okey dokey guys, so basically I need to write my lists the old fashion way. I only really wanted to know becuase I have the v2 of armybuilder (nope defnantly not cracked so I get it for free) and some of my friends are starting Tau and nid's. adn it'd be a bit more helpful if I had the updated versions of there dex on there

and I'll edit my sig

Asi the Red
01-05-2006, 04:42
Hey ya'.

As one of those guys building Tau, I feel their pain. It'd be nice if the AB guys would get a Tau/Nids update out, but what the heck; their product's free and I know alot of the changes already. Just got to remember them when I look at building a list.