PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt empire for quick review for a game tomorrow

Coyote81
01-05-2012, 08:53
I'm getting back into fantasy and I wanted someone's opinion of this 1k empire army I came up with, it's an all cav theme. Let me know what you think.

Captain FP, Lance, Sh, Horse w/ Bd 103
Battle Wizard Horse (Metal) 77
10 IC Knights Griffon Lances FC 280
5 Knights Griffon Templars (Reiksguard) FC 165
Cannon (Using Bronzio's Galloper Gun) 120
5 Outriders w/ Ss-GL 125
Hurricanum 130

1000pts

I think I'm playing against WoC, but I have no idea what he's bringing. This is the core of my 2500pt army I'm working on.

vinush
01-05-2012, 11:41
I'm not overly sure of the effectiveness of all mounted these days, especially vs WoC as they're tough and mean little buggers in combat.

Why IC knights and not an extra knight for one of the units in place of those extra points?

THE \/ince

danny-d-b
01-05-2012, 14:04
looks a good list I'd surgest swiching the captain for a warrior priest though, hatred should give you more use of the lances than the extra attack does, plus you have the extra spells

Coyote81
02-05-2012, 06:54
Thanks for the input, I overslept so did not get a chance to check them and make changes. The IC knights S4 was absolutely needs (Hate S3 cavalry), and in the end they survived and prospered. My Metal mage made short work on the chaos knights. (Didn't even see close combat), my cannon misfired 2/3 shots and died on the third, having only killed two marauders. My chariot did ok, but got dealt with by some nasty nurgle anti armor magic. my reiskguard knights failed to stay on the first lose of combat, making me saddened to see both my knight and hand gunners flee. But I won in the end (loved the fact that the sorc had to accept my challenge) Lesson learned: Marks of nurgle make my empire combat army cry and yes the warrior priest would have been a better buy.

grhino
02-05-2012, 13:25
I'd take a steam tank again a WoC army... it can do a ******** of high S hits on impact and kill pretty much anything in a WoC list, without getting shot at first! Also, given the high I of warriors --> take GW wielding IC knights instead!

Broseidon
02-05-2012, 19:06
It's only a 1000 point game thats 1/5th of his points. Personally I think you need some blocks of infantry, but if all mounted is what you like then by all means do it. I dont agree with the stank though seems way too expensive.

Hulkster
03-05-2012, 11:06
I think you will find that the steam tank is 25% of his points and can indeed be taken