PDA

View Full Version : A new Empire for a new day

riven5
01-05-2012, 21:12
Concept: Try to wedge in every little thing I want to try out for my first run at Empire! Not an easy task though. This is an all-comers list, but I anticipate facing Lizardmen, Wood Elves and Vampire Counts in the future. I fear a few major problems with this list:

Squishy commanders- the Arch Lector really screams "I don't have a ward save!", and the Wizard is running solo, sans even a bunker. Could be a serious problem!

Too much magic- Between the Arch Lector, the Wizard Lord and the Hurricanum I fear I might not have enough power die to go around to see a lot of big effectiveness from any of them. If this is the case I could drop the Wizard, but Lore of Life is mighty tempting. Perhaps a level 2 would suffice? Or maybe someone with Ring of Volans...

Not enough mans- This is a fairly lean list, so withering magic or ranged fire can really reduce my numbers to the point where I pose far too little of a threat in melee, which is where most battles are decided. This also plays into my other concern, which is that I just am not using detachments enough.

Arch Lector
War Altar of Sigmar
Heavy armor
Enchanted shield

Battle Wizard Lord
Lore of Life
Level 4

Captain of the Empire
BSB
Full plate armor
Shield

Master Engineer