PDA

View Full Version : 2400 Chaos Dwarfs Competitive

thrawn
03-05-2012, 14:10
so i've gotten 2 games in with my chaos dwarfs. one 1200 team game, one 2000 point game. i lost both, but have learned a lot. i know have a mini tourney (just amongst friends) in the next few weeks so want to put together a strong 2400 list. please make any suggestions.

Sorcerer Prophet LVL 3
Lore of Hashut
Enchanted Shield
Dispell Scroll

Sorcerer Prophet LVL 3
Lore of Death
Charmed Shield

Castellan BSB
Double handed weapon
Dragon Helm
Stone Mantle
Iron Curse Cross
(BSB goes with infernal guard)

Khan
Wolf, Spear, LA, Shield

Khan
Wolf, Spear, LA, Shield

Khan
Wolf, Spear, LA, Shield

Khan
Wolf, Spear, LA, Shield

29 Infernal Guard
Full Command
War banner

20 Hobgoblins
Std, Mus

20 Hobgoblins
Std, Mus

Magma Cannon

Deathshrieker Launcher

Hellcannon

K'Daii Destroyer

so the sorcerer prophets stay back with the warmachines to help with mis-fires and toss some spells. the warmachine (obviously) hammer the opponent. the infernal guard and destroyer form my battle line, with the gobbos filling in holes/taking out light scouts/fast cav. etc. finally, the khans are used to re-direct or take out opposing warmahcines. having no anti-artillery warmachines (i.e. cannons) i have found that cannons can ruin my day and my warmachines can't do anything back. so, the khans are there to hunt warmachines/mages and of course to re-direct. having a pretty heavy shooting list, if i can sacrifice one or two gobbos and get an extra turn or two of shooting on his main unit, it should be soft enough for my infernal guard/destroyer to eat thru.

cc welcome! :D

Akkaryn
03-05-2012, 15:45
2 massively short ranged lores will most likely be a waste if they're staying with the war machines. Either give them longer ranged lores (metal/fire) or make a level 4 of either and have 2 level 1's for the reroll.

thrawn
03-05-2012, 22:29
2 massively short ranged lores will most likely be a waste if they're staying with the war machines. Either give them longer ranged lores (metal/fire) or make a level 4 of either and have 2 level 1's for the reroll.

hashut has it's #6 spell which is anywhere on the board, but ya i hear what your saying.

so i can swap death for metal. or hashut for metal, either or, i think what i have is solid enough no? my only realy concern is i need more guys.

Dreadlordpaul
04-05-2012, 10:55

Death really is not a short ranged lore

Paperplane
04-05-2012, 18:09
Death really is not a short ranged lore

Compared to most lores it really is, but I dont see any real worries. Hashut #6 is more then enough.