PDA

View Full Version : 2500pts Tzeentch Warriors... how cheesy is this?

scubasteve04
03-05-2012, 16:13
Been having some issues with deathstar builds lately, and uber generals (Karl Franz, Bloodthirster) so I decided to build a deathstar list of my own and a Hero that can take the aforementioned characters head to head in a challenge. I am worried that the list is taking things a bit too far, and I am worried about being labelled TFG for using it. Tell me what you think.

Lords
Chaos Lord, MoT, Chaos Steed, Shield, Sword of Anti-Heroes, Crimson armor of Dargan, Dawnstone, Favor of the Gods, Bloodcurdling Roar- 374pts

Heroes
Sorcerer, Level 2 MoT, Disc, Charmed Shield, Biting Blade, Dragonbane Gem, Infernal Puppet, Third Eye of Tzeentch- 235pts

Core
24 Warriors, MoT, Shields, Musician, War Banner- 447pts
18 Warriors, MoT, Shields, Halberds, Musician, Flaming Banner- 354pts
5 Warhounds- 30pts
5 Warhounds- 30pts

Special
11 Knights, MoT, FC, Banner of Discipline- 525pts

Rare
Warhrine, MoT- 150pts
Warhrine, MoT- 150pts
Hellcannon- 205pts

Lord goes with Knights. At the start of the game, first warshrine buffs the knights, and due to them causing fear and being max LD 10, they can reroll until getting 4+ ward or rolling 4 or 5. If a 4 or 5 is rolled, then 1+ str or 1+ attack depending on the army I am facing, then the second warhine buffs giving the guaranteed 4+ ward and stubborn.

medevilmike
03-05-2012, 18:49
I see no cheese in your list at all, lord is good but your lvl 2 is meh, third eye gold eye dispel scroll, 3+3++ vs shooting. You have no bsb, and your only hard hitters are your knights and your joke cannon. Still cant understand why people are still buying sh/hallys, wast of 20 pts on a unit marked for defense.

The list is solid but with no bsb, only a 2+ save on your mage and 3 total combat units it is just meh

scubasteve04
03-05-2012, 20:32
Why joke cannon? I was under the impression that hellcannons were solid choices. What are some alternatives?

medevilmike
04-05-2012, 08:10
Hell cannon is a solid choice, with the potential to put a serious hurt on most things by shooting or combat. I personally think HC's are only useful to guard a flank, If they are shooting they cant move,if they cant move they cant keep up with my army.

I personally just take tzn shrines, rarely ever take wounds let alone die. The shrines protect my flank and add buffs to my units as I am slogging.

I may be biased of course as my HC has always had a tendancy to misfire, then roll a 6 on its chart to str 10 the only shot i can take all game. Which is awesome but all of a sudden im stuck with an unbreakable **** that has to go in combat or just sit there looking pretty.

woc are an aggressive army and sitting back shooting should be left to the armys that have to to win.

In this list i would drop the hc from it and add a bsb.

Sorry for the rant but the internet has a tendency to say hellcannons are the daemon gods gift to woc, and everyone should take at least 1. the only time i will agree is when your doing a LD bomb list.

hamsterwheel
04-05-2012, 13:52
You're dreams of a 1+/3+ are possible but much more difficult than what you think. The favor of the Gods allows you to raise/lower a result by 1. Results 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 cannot be re-rolled. Option 9 which is the leadership buff doesn't offer you a re-roll like the Fear/Terror rolls of 10 or 11 since it doesn't say you can re-roll those if you already have Ld10. Chosen are given the option to re-roll 2 and 7 on their first roll which negates many of the possibilities along with the Terror banner.

scubasteve04
04-05-2012, 17:14
You're dreams of a 1+/3+ are possible but much more difficult than what you think. The favor of the Gods allows you to raise/lower a result by 1. Results 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 cannot be re-rolled. Option 9 which is the leadership buff doesn't offer you a re-roll like the Fear/Terror rolls of 10 or 11 since it doesn't say you can re-roll those if you already have Ld10. Chosen are given the option to re-roll 2 and 7 on their first roll which negates many of the possibilities along with the Terror banner.

Wow good thing I found that out before I actually started playing with the list. Still like the warshrines with favor of the gods even without going for the 3+ ward (1+ str, 1+ attack, Mr3 against metal, ect). Slight changes in the list, and of course not worrying about cheese anymore so you can all disregard the poll...

Lords
Chaos Lord, MoT, Chaos Steed, Shield, Sword of Anti-Heroes, Crimson armor of Dargan, Dawnstone, Favor of the Gods, Bloodcurdling Roar-- 374pts

Heroes
Sorcerer, Level 2 MoT, Disc, Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem, Infernal Puppet, Third Eye of Tzeentch- 230pts

Core
24 Warriors, MoT, Shields, Musician, War Banner- 447pts
18 Warriors, MoT, Shields, Halberds, Musician, Banner of Rage- 379pts
5 Warhounds- 30pts
5 Warhounds- 30pts

Special
11 Knights, MoT, Musician, Banner of Discipline- 505pts

Rare
Warhrine, MoT- 150pts
Warhrine, MoT- 150pts
Hellcannon- 205pts