PDA

View Full Version : Help me build an Empire Army to fight Warriors of Chaos.

Gradek
04-05-2012, 15:34
My daughter wants to play warhammer against me and likes the Empire (which I conveniently have a fair amount of). My other army is Warriors of Chaos and what I would like help with is in designing an Empire list for 2000 points that would be able to win about 50% of the games vs the Warriors list below. I don't want something that is just an anti-WoC list though (that's no fun to play against and she might end up playing other armies later). My typical WoC list is as follows:

17 Khorne Warriors, 5 Trolls (+Throgg), 5 Marauder Horsemen, 9 Knights, 10 Warhounds, Hellcannon, 500 points in other characters (I vary between sorc lord and lord + lvl2).

Assume no restrictions on what can be taken for Empire (I either have it or can easily get it), but note that she does like knights and I despise the War Altar (both the new model and new rules). Thanks.

GodlessM
04-05-2012, 16:30
Ok that's a handy Chaos list and pretty tame. I'd say give her an Engineer, Helblaster, and Stank, and that should be enough to help compete against that list. A bit of chaff to deter Knights and some solid blocks.

scubasteve04
05-05-2012, 16:09
Steam tanks are my worst knightmare as WoC. Also take demigryphs, their str 5 AP attacks cut through armor like butter.

danny-d-b
05-05-2012, 16:26
Best idea
Gernal of the empire
BSB
level 2
warrior prest
enginner
block of state troops with detachment
missle troops
knights
warmashines

have a bit of everything to show off the empires streanths and weaknesses

Sh4d0w
07-05-2012, 08:02
Best idea
Gernal of the empire
BSB
level 2
warrior prest
enginner
block of state troops with detachment
missle troops
knights
warmashines

have a bit of everything to show off the empires streanths and weaknesses

You just listed the empire books entire contents... i'd same a stank and some demigriphs as her "elite" units and fill the rest up with a varitety of 25-35 size units from core.