PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to make an army list i like 3k Reikland

DivineVisitor
04-05-2012, 21:29
Since the new book i've been really struggling to find a list to use that i really like the look of. I seem to need to go up to 5k points before i get all the toys i wanna play with but my group generally play between 2500-3000 points.

Anyway thought i'd see what folk think of what i've managed to come up with.

Grand Master (IC Knights)
Runefang, Full Plate Armour, Shield, Other Tricksters Shard, Barded Warhorse

Grey or Light Battle Wizard Lord (Detachment)
Lv4, Dispel Scroll

Captain of the Empire (IC Knights)
BSB, Lance, Full Plate Armour, Shield, Dawnstone, Ironcurse Icon, Barded Warhorse

Warrior Priest (Halberdiers)
Dragon Helm, Heavy Armour, Shield, Crown of Command, Barded Warhorse

Warrior Priest (Halberdiers)
Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield, Barded Warhorse

Engineer

Engineer

50 Halberdiers
Full Command, 20 Halberdiers

50 Halberdiers
Full Command, 19 Halberdiers

10 Knights of the Inner Circle
Full Command

3 Demigryph Knights

3 Demigryph Knights

Celestial Huricanum

Celestial Huricanum

Hellblaster Volley Gun

Hellblaster Volley Gun

Total - 3k

I stick my Warrior Priests in with my Knights if there not safe from cannons, templates etc until the units are about to hit combat and branch them off.

Deathbysoup
04-05-2012, 21:51
I would probably get a WP for the knight unit. Also not entirely sure you need the demigryphs if you have the knights. I would probably drop them and get a horde of Greatswords.

Lore of light works wonders for empire. Shadow is also good but I cant see past Light to be honest, it has just the right sort of tools to make Empire stick around in combat and maybe do some damage themselves. It also works really well with the new warrior priest buffs(bironas + hatred and rerolls to wound is my particular fav)

2 Hurricanums is about right for the size of the game, the +1 to hit is almost too good to be true. Just ensure you hide them from enemy charges/cannonballs.

DivineVisitor
04-05-2012, 22:21
My tactics with the Demigryphs are usually for giving me the advantage against horde style armies that outnumber me unit for unit. I let the Demigryphs plough into the front of Strength 4 or less units and hold them up the entire game, slowly grinding away at each other until i can get my Halberdiers and Knights into position to assist.
Against those armies i don't need to worry about being outmanned i hold them back and slam them into the flanks of units getting to grips with my Halberdiers.

Or so the theory goes :D

mike20
05-05-2012, 19:45
why the two hurricanums? their buffs dont stack so maybe get a luminark to get the dual buff...also something to consider...I believe if u give the captain a pegasus he can join the demigryps and take advantage of the LOS rule. This would give the unit a bit more punch and ability to deal with ethereal units. another option is to drop one hurricanum and a helblaster and add a steam tank, which are great at holding up a flank (perhaps the opposite ones your hammers are on). with the second engineer I would give him pigeon bombs! (20pts for a stone thrower that doesnt scatter) and charmed shield to protect him from a suicidal pigeon.

cheers