PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Piranha pieces

Zurai
30-04-2006, 19:32
So, I recently bought a pair of Piranhas to supplement my Tau Empires force. I primed the pieces earlier today and set about constructing them.

After assembling 95% of the first Piranha, I realize that A) it's missing a piece (not still on the sprues, I checked) - the little targetting array looking thing that attaches to the front curve of the Piranha, and B) that there's a couple transparent plastic pieces that I have no clue what to do with.

My first thought was to see if the transparent pieces were the missing front bumper piece, but they aren't. Does anyone else have a clue to either of these mysteries?

Falkman
30-04-2006, 19:34
The transparent pieces, arenīt those the rods you use to attach the piranha to the flying stand?

Oberon
30-04-2006, 19:36
Those transparent pieces are a socket and a ball with a hole, yes?Well, you put that flying stick to that hole and that ball(now with a flying stick+base) to that socket, which you glue to the base of pirahan where there's a little hole->tadaa! You can twist and turn your pirahna :)

Zurai
30-04-2006, 19:37
No, there is a seperate transparent plastic sprue that contains a little spherical object and a little fat cylinder that fit together somehow. There's really nothing that resembles either piece in the instruction sheet for the Piranha. They most certainly are not pieces of a flying stand - I play Tau, I'm very familiar with those ;)

EDIT: Ahh, so they're trying to make the stands more posable eh? I'll have to mess around with it. Thanks Oberon.

Still wondering about the non-existant targetting array thingy though.

Arael
30-04-2006, 19:38
I'm sure those are the bits Oberon is talking about.

Zurai
30-04-2006, 19:41
Yeah, Oberon and I cross-posted.

Oberon
30-04-2006, 19:42
And I for one find them *very* fun and sometimes even useful on field. As you can push one wing lower, they can be put to places they wouldn't otherwise fit because of other models or terrain 'coming out' of it's boundaries. They also look kinda cool, as if dodging bullets and stuff. 'Comrade! Evasive manouvres, now!' *swings around wildy* :) That targeting thingy is probaply just been left out of the sprue ;_; , I luckily had those too.

The Orange
30-04-2006, 20:44
It should be along the middle of the sprue, between the engine and the wing at the top, and right below the ariels for the FWs.

Zurai
30-04-2006, 21:03
Yeah, I see where that should be on the sprue, but it doesn't even look like I snipped anything off there, and there's nothing in my bits box, my priming box, or my assembly box that looks like that piece :( Oh well, guess I'll have blind piranhas.

athamas
30-04-2006, 22:31
if there is a moulding defect, get the spru, and the model and take it to GW,

if you can show where the piece should be but was not cast they should give you the spare piece!

Evil_Jon
01-05-2006, 01:52
Those ball & socket bits are great, I want them for my Devilfish & Hammerheads now.

Zurai
01-05-2006, 02:29
Heck, that ball & socket bit has me more excited than the damn Piranhas! :D I want some for a couple of my Crisis suits, too. I hope GW puts the bits up on the website for seperate orders soon.

The Orange
01-05-2006, 06:06
They've had them for quite a while, I actually got it with the landspeeder from the 3rd edition starter box. Call in and I'm sure they could help you bits order some extras. But it might be too big to fit on CS's.

Chem-Dog
01-05-2006, 06:15
They've had them for quite a while, I actually got it with the landspeeder from the 3rd edition starter box.

I was about to say exactly the same thing. you can order them here (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99399999062&orignav=9).

What bit is missing, exactly?

Xas
01-05-2006, 07:29
Sort of off topic, but the only two pieces I miss are the two seeker missiles.

Zurai
01-05-2006, 11:26
They need to package those with more flying models, then.

The bit that's missing is the targetting array/sensor pod/whatever-the-doohickey-is that sits in the indentation on the nose of the piranha. Neither of my sprues had one.

lord_blackfang
01-05-2006, 11:36
Heck, that ball & socket bit has me more excited than the damn Piranhas! :D I want some for a couple of my Crisis suits, too. I hope GW puts the bits up on the website for seperate orders soon.

They came with every single skimmer me and my friends have bought during the course of 3rd edition. How can you not have seen one before? :confused:

As for the missing targetters, that's quite mysterious. It's almost impossible for the same bit to break off every sprue one person buys (and not be at the bottom of the box) when nobody else has this problem :wtf:

ss_cherubael
01-05-2006, 12:08
maybe you did something to someone in an earlier life and this is karma (pfffffffft what a load of crap), thats kinda strange although i do know one guy who never got the misslie launcher in his tactical squad boxes (happened on 2 or 3 occasions) but GW fixed that for him so just speak to them and they should give it to you if not make a big scene and scare off all the little kiddies that spend their momies and dadies pay packets there.

Those flying stands are more annoying than cool, they break easily and too many people try to make your skimmer do james bond-esq stunts that result in broken parts so resist the pull of the funky flying thingy

Drabant
01-05-2006, 12:21
Those flying stands are more annoying than cool, they break easily and too many people try to make your skimmer do james bond-esq stunts that result in broken parts so resist the pull of the funky flying thingy

Why do you let other people touch your models and keep their hands?

Overlord Krycis
01-05-2006, 12:43
"Are you touching my Defiler...? YOU ARE! YOU'RE TOUCHING MY DEFILER!!! AAAAAAAAARGH!" *slices hand off opponent with machete* :evilgrin:

Flame Boy
01-05-2006, 14:42
Why do you let other people touch your models and keep their hands?

Because blood would clash with my model's paint-scheme horribly. :p

Ironhand
01-05-2006, 15:26
Fortunately for me, I bought some Hammerhead sprues so that I could give my Devilfish Smart Missiles, and they have that targeter bit on them. So if the Piranha sprue is screwed up - I've got backup :D

Mongzilla "The Odd"
01-05-2006, 15:38
I had a similar problem with some mettle bits for my broadside suit I got from an independent store, and I had already glued it.

The dood in the shop said to ring GW (see web site for No.); I did and they posted the bits to me in 7 days. Keep the box handy as they ask for some numbers on it, just in-case there is a problem with other boxes.

real nice people.

Zurai
01-05-2006, 16:15
They came with every single skimmer me and my friends have bought during the course of 3rd edition. How can you not have seen one before? :confused:

Because they don't come with any Tau skimmers or fliers except the Piranha and I only play Tau?

Ironhand
01-05-2006, 19:41
I will say (I'm in the US) that on the few occasions that I've had mistakes or missing parts in a figure or model, I've gone through my FLGS where I bought it and GW has always corrected the problem promptly.