PDA

View Full Version : Revamping an Old Army

Brother Malleus
05-05-2012, 22:47
Greetings,

Recently I had a little clear out and discovered an old friend. My Lizardmen army from back in the day, with a few key purchases I can quite easily make this 2k list and would like to know what you think.

Slann Mage-Priest - 445 pts
Battle Standard Bearer, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, The Becalming Cogitation, The Focused Rumination

Saurus Scar-Veteran - 118 pts
Light Armour, Shield, Burning Blade of Chotec, Ironcurse Icon

Saurus Warriors - 348 pts
30 Saurus Warriors, Mus, Std

Saurus Warriors - 238 pts
20 Saurus Warriors, Mus, Std

Temple Guard - 391 pts
20 Temple Guard, Mus, Std, Plaque of Dominion

Chameleon Skinks - 60 pts
5 Chameleon Skinks

Chameleon Skinks - 60 pts
5 Chameleon Skinks

Terradon Riders - 90 pts
3 Terradon Riders

Terradon Riders - 90 pts
3 Terradon Riders

Salamander - 80 pts
Extra Handler

Salamander - 80 pts
Extra Handler

2000 Points on the nose. I am considering going for Lore of Light on the Slann as it is a bit more aggressive than the typical Life. Also I feel that it counters the weaknesses of the Saurus and Temple Guard (WS & I)

Moss
06-05-2012, 05:12
I like it. A couple of things:
With all those saurus, good choice on the Lore of Light, I think.
Why two units of terradons, especially when you also have two units of chameleons?
Where is that Scar-Vet going?
How are the saurus/TG beig deployed? That you have 20 makes me guess 5x4. I like ranks of six on saurus. I would rearrange them to have 24 in each instead of 20 and 30. But that's just me.
I think it's always worthwhile to find points for Focus of Mystery for the Slann. And the Standard of Discipline.

Brother Malleus
07-05-2012, 22:39
Yeah I am definitely going Lore of Light, makes up for the low WS and I.
The Terradons are there as diversions, and chaff hunters and to take out/compete against enemy flyers such as carrion, harpies, pegasus knights
Scar vet goes in Temple Guard, he accepts challenges that otherwise goes to Slann
The unit of 20 is for watchtower :D

Paladin21
07-05-2012, 22:47
I'd not worry about challenging the Slann. Just refuse it, there's no reason not to. You still get your BSB re-roll, TG are still stubborn, no big deal. Personally, I'd also rather have either more salamanders or skinks with the points you are using for Terradons, depending on your meta. You already have Chameleons, which are awesome, so the Terradons are fairly redundant.