PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point vampireless counts- Chance at competetive play?

madival
06-05-2012, 01:41
I want to bring a list that can be competitive. Something that shows my skill as a player. I want it to be based around some fluff. no seriously messed up units and such.
Lord

Heinrich Kemmler

Heros

Necromancer level 2 with Rod of Flamming Death.

2 cairn wraiths

Core

5 dire wolves doom wolf

5 dire wolves doom wolf

30 zombies standard musician

30 zombies standard musician

skeletons Full command screaming banner

special

10 hex wraiths hell wraith

29 grave guard banner of barrows great weapons

rare

black coach

Terror is a serious factor in the list. Everything can fight or it can scare people off the board. What do you guys think? hex wraiths have a permanent place in the list as they road block or kill elite of elite infantry.

Johnnyfrej
06-05-2012, 03:24
Isn't the Black Coach a Vampire?

madival
06-05-2012, 03:39
Isn't the Black Coach a Vampire?

Technically it is, but since chariots can't march, it doesn't matter. It is a personal model for me. Everything else is vamp less.

purge the daemon
06-05-2012, 14:12
How many skeletons are you using?

madival
06-05-2012, 16:41
How many skeletons are you using?

A full horde of 30 with more being summoned.

madival
07-05-2012, 15:53
Anyone got anything? I am going to a new shop and I want a competitive list because I hear the cries of cheese from everywhere about some of the people there and I want to be ready

purge the daemon
07-05-2012, 23:03
Really all I would like to see is a mortis engine just because it can get stupid when you have a hundred zombies every turn.

Nom-nom-baby
08-05-2012, 02:40
What about running the Hexwraiths in 2 units of 5?

madival
08-05-2012, 03:34
Tried it. 10 beats static cr

meowser
08-05-2012, 19:04
I'd drop the champ on hexies at least, even if not splitting them up.

What lore on the necro?

Some combat support hero would be nice for skels or GG, especially if no GW on GG. A wight king would synergize well with BotB, or a fear incarnate/aura of dark majesty vamp for the screaming skellies
maybe start all infantry at 25x instead of 30 to get 55pts back

also, not a fan of champs on the dogs. dropping all uneeded champs nets you another 30, and theres your naked wight king!

Moss
08-05-2012, 19:17
How does using the hexwraiths in that capacity work out for you? If your opponent manages to knock one off with a magic missile or something early on, then you just paid like 300pts for 10 when you they're just as effective as 5. I guess what I'm saying is, how often do they make it across the board unscathed and actually fulfill their purpose?

Wesser
08-05-2012, 19:29
Well if I played against that list I'd just kill the Grave Guards with everything I got. Rest is just mopping up..

You'll need to be lucky in each and every magic phase in order to not get swept away

Nom-nom-baby
08-05-2012, 20:37
How does using the hexwraiths in that capacity work out for you? If your opponent manages to knock one off with a magic missile or something early on, then you just paid like 300pts for 10 when you they're just as effective as 5. I guess what I'm saying is, how often do they make it across the board unscathed and actually fulfill their purpose?

This guy has a good point. What if you shuffled the ROFD to a Wraith, cut the two Doom Wolves and pitched a skeleton for a dispel scroll on the Necromancer? If you prefer the unit of 10 at least you could keep them that way.

madival
08-05-2012, 20:45
Well if I played against that list I'd just kill the Grave Guards with everything I got. Rest is just mopping up..

You'll need to be lucky in each and every magic phase in order to not get swept away

The grave guard are always the last people to get stuck in with how I play them

This guy has a good point. What if you shuffled the ROFD to a Wraith, cut the two Doom Wolves and pitched a skeleton for a dispel scroll on the Necromancer? If you prefer the unit of 10 at least you could keep them that way.

It has happened, if they were 5 strong, they would have 0 effeftiveness. They always pay their points back or don't die.

Also, the dogs and everything help fill core. I am at 505 for core. Also, my Necromancer is running death. I hope I can purple sun blast my zombies and get a ton of power dice. It's a little dirty, but its really awesome. Also, it seems that only characters are what hold the skeletons really. Sniping powers or purple sun makes it worth it.

Nom-nom-baby
09-05-2012, 05:39
If your not willing to consider any other view feasible, or alter your list in any way..... Exactly why did you bother posting? Is there something specific you're looking for opinions on?

madival
09-05-2012, 07:58
If your not willing to consider any other view feasible, or alter your list in any way..... Exactly why did you bother posting? Is there something specific you're looking for opinions on?

Its not that. I have tried most of the stuff suggested already. I can't reduce core because I am already at 505 for core and need all the points save a single musician in order to meet 25%. I don't know where to get the points for a combat character without cutting a wraith and the necromancer. The combat vampires are really expensive. They are the only thing in this whole thread that I haven't tried and only because IDK where to get points from that isn't core. 2x5 hex's don't beat static CR and at best tie people up. 10 can win combat and get out to kill someone else. wraiths cant take items and short of droping 1 and the necromancer , I don't have the points to get a combat character. I just want to know if there are any glaring faults/weaknesses in the list right now.

Thénon
09-05-2012, 12:46
Its not that. I have tried most of the stuff suggested already. I can't reduce core because I am already at 505 for core and need all the points save a single musician in order to meet 25%. I don't know where to get the points for a combat character without cutting a wraith and the necromancer. The combat vampires are really expensive. They are the only thing in this whole thread that I haven't tried and only because IDK where to get points from that isn't core. 2x5 hex's don't beat static CR and at best tie people up. 10 can win combat and get out to kill someone else. wraiths cant take items and short of droping 1 and the necromancer , I don't have the points to get a combat character. I just want to know if there are any glaring faults/weaknesses in the list right now.

How do you use your hexwraiths? are you being charged? do you use them as something other than harassment units?

I would take champions off everything. there is no benefit to them in a necromancer list. If someone challanges, refuse and go to the back of your horde and buff them there. add a couple of puppies to your wolf units to make up the points.

Where do your characters go? taking off a single guy in a unit to put a character in is a great way of eeking out every point you can.

I see you have 29 grave gaurd but who goes into it? Are they being run 10 wide? if so how does this benefit you since your going last and any deaths will be eating into your attacks?

How does the Black coach benefit your army? to me its absorbing much needed power dice for your necro`s to use. why not try spirit hosts to run interferance on your flanks instead. a small unit (3-4) can be annoying for your opponent and have enough wounds to deal with most units static combat res.

i`m assuming your lvl 2 has lore of vampires as well. i can`t remeber how many points the rod is but i know theres a 30pt bound spell item with dance macabre. i`ve seen this work wonders.

madival
09-05-2012, 21:36
I see you have 29 grave gaurd but who goes into it? Are they being run 10 wide? if so how does this benefit you since your going last and any deaths will be eating into your attacks?

How does the Black coach benefit your army? to me its absorbing much needed power dice for your necro`s to use. why not try spirit hosts to run interferance on your flanks instead. a small unit (3-4) can be annoying for your opponent and have enough wounds to deal with most units static combat res.

You know that the black coach doesn't eat dice anymore? It just "syphons" and you get to keep the dice.

Thénon
10-05-2012, 09:24
ah right. Didn`t have the armybook with me at the time lol. :P

madival
11-05-2012, 04:28
Playing WoC and empire soon. What would help?