PDA

View Full Version : DE 1500 Tournament List for 4/12/2012. Have 100 points left to add.

DragonArmy
06-05-2012, 05:57
Good Day!

I have a tournament in less than a weak that is uncomped with some simple objectives (get extra points through killing stuff with rare units, get extra points through having a core or special unit in opponent's deployment zone; no objective points). I have 100 points left--I have access to anything unit wise. I am open to suggestions and thoughts and would need them before May 10th.

Lords

Dreadlord, (General; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield; Eternal Hatred)
Dark Pegasus (Flyer; Stomp)
Sword of Might
Dragonhelm
Pendant of Khaeleth
Crown of Command

Heroes (total comes to 370--5 points off max)

Sorceress, (Druchii Sorcery; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Eternal Hatred)
Tome of Furion
Dragonbane Gem
Shadow Magic

Master (Battle Standard Bearer), (Hand Weapon; Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer; Eternal Hatred)
Dark Pegasus (Flyer; Stomp)
Cloak of Hag Graef
Dawnstone

Core comes to exactly the required 375 points. I also don't have a special banner on them yet...

61 Dark Elf Warriors (Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour; Eternal Hatred)

Rare

War Hydra
War Hydra

-----------------------------

I have 105pts left over. At the moment I am thinking 10 Witch Elves. Although expensive, I am thinking of using them primarily as a re-directing speed bump. Also, if they get the charge off, they can be pretty scary from the shadow magic support. I thought labout bringing 6 shades, but it didn't feel like enough shots to make a differeence and I tend not to use shades as a re-director. Also probably need a banner for those warriors. Thoughts? I won't have time to test the list!

And, I have put a lot of thought and testing a much different list. Originally I had a level 4 with Sac dagger instead of the level 2, and found the points for "pimped out" black guard. Once I got the lord, I wanted a bsb, and COB wasn't an offensive enough choice. The hero bsb also better protects the hyrdras cause it better goes after those war machines and two of the scenarios play across the "long way," encouraging static shooting armies. I also had corsair's first, but I found them mediocre. It became too crucial for me to get combat on my turn (to buff them with shadow magic), otherwise they were running away and losing frenzy.

I won't have time to test this list, so I am interested in others thoughts!

While this list has most of the evil DE can field--except a LVL 4 with a Sac dagger...105pts left!

DragonArmy

purge the daemon
06-05-2012, 13:05
That warrior unit is waaaaaay to big!!! Your BSB will sniped first turn keep him on foot. If you keep your BSB close corsairs will do just fine.

Gaargod
06-05-2012, 15:38
Tis an... interesting BSB build. He's functionally immune to small arms fire, with a 1+ rerollable vs ranged attacks which are at half strength. Even hellblasters and the like still wound on 4s with a 2+ rerollable.
Cannons and stone throwers wound on 2s, but with a 3+ rerollable, you should actually survive a lot of them. Saying that, I'm not entirely sure - I *believe* they no longer have the 'ignore armour saves' rule, but they might do. If they do, it's a bad idea. Amusingly, bolt throwers are actually much more of an issue. Wound on 4s, no armour saves, D3 wounds.
As I say, interesting build. If cannons and stone throwers don't auto-ignore, I'd say he's pretty safe, actually.

The warrior unit is excessively large however. A block of 40 is far more reasonable - and use the points to get maybe some repeater crossbows? Or corsairs with frenzy banner - a cheap man's witch elves. (Well, a core man's witch elves. They're not 'that' much cheaper, but they lose poison for 5+ (4+ vs ranged) and I6 for I5).

DragonArmy
06-05-2012, 20:02
yeah, bolt throwers have the potential to be more troublesome. If need be, I also have a second pegasus that could deal with them. Good point. For cannons, it's a risk I have to take. I disagree that the bsb is safer on foot, but interesting idea.

60 spearmen is because there will be other armies running one 500-1000pt unit. Spearmen will do nothing unless they have been buffed by magic. I have to be able to stick around one round of combat incase he gets the charge off on his turn or because of a dispel scroll. I can lose 20 guys and still have full attacks back. I even thought about adding 15 more guys to the unit!

My win conditionI is through buffing this unit against certain armies.

DragonArmy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DragonArmy
08-05-2012, 00:56
wow, so many DE armies out there at the moment.

DragonArmy
10-05-2012, 05:52
Got trounced today with this list. oh no.

WE shot me just enough!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dirty Mac
10-05-2012, 06:05
Did you know Corsairs have a 4+ against shooting?