PDA

View Full Version : 3,000 Points of Dark Elves

Rommel44
07-05-2012, 05:26
Hey mates. After taking a break from my DE for awhile to get my Empire army set for the new book that recently came out, I am playing against another Empire players army to see how DE can stand against them, and also plan to play 2x other games afterwards against Orcs and High Elves. After some consideration, I decided to try a unique, fun idea for these game so tell me what you guys think.

* Lord:
-w/Deathpiercer, hvy. armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Crown of Command, Pendent of Kaleth, Cold One

*Lvl. 4 Supreme Sorceress:
-w/Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Preservation, Lifetaker, Lore of Metal/Dark Magic

*Death-Hag:
-w/Dance of Doom, Cauldron of Blood

*Master BSB:
-w/Lance, hvy. armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cold One, Hydra Banner

*(35x) Warriors: (7x5 Formation)
-w/Full Command, Spears, Shields

*(35x) Warriors: (7x5 Formation)
-w/Full Command, Spears, Shields

(19x) Crossbows: (w/Lvl. 4)
-w/Musician, Repeater-Crossbows, Shields, Banner of Eternal Flame

*(28x) Cold One Knights: (w/BSB, Lord, 10x3 Formation)
-w/Full Command, Banner of Hag Graef, Iron Curse Icon (Dreadknight)

*Hydra #1:

*Hydra #2:

Total; 2,999 points

Obviously something completely different then from most people will expect, plan is to charge in and wreak anything in there path, and with the Hydra Banner and the Cauldron of Blood, that's a potential 3x attacks on the charge for the front rank alone, meaning lots of dead foes! And combined w/my Dreadlord with the Deathpiercer, it gives him a god chance to Killing Blow a few models given the chance.

purge the daemon
07-05-2012, 11:39
Watch out for lore of metal even the magic missile will make a mockery of your knights.

Rommel44
10-05-2012, 05:15
Watch out for lore of metal even the magic missile will make a mockery of your knights.

True but at the same time if he is focusing on my Knights he isnt focusing on my Hydras which can be really helpful for them getting into CC without any issues.

Slashattack
10-05-2012, 10:48
That certainly is pushing the idea of a Cold One bus to the maximum! May I suggest that you think about running a third master in the unit with three Null Talismans, to help stop magic from taking off too many Cold One Knights. Otherwise good luck with the list.

Slash

Tigranius
10-05-2012, 19:52
I would run this list to see what happens. Yes your knights are going to be a big target for shooting and magic, but as someone already mentioned, knights can take a few punches with high armor saves. And as far as magic goes, you have a dispell scroll and 2 mages. Going after your opponents casters should be your prio for the rest of the army (your magic and shooting phase), in my opinion.

Give this list a go and see how it goes. I think it should work out nicely.

Rommel44
11-05-2012, 09:33
Well I was actually able to test this out against Chaos Warriors yesterday in a 3,000 point game, and long story short, these guys just oblierated my opponet, heck I'm still surprised they did so well! Cold One Horde charged his nasty, 40x Man Khorne Chaos Warrios w/Extra HW's w/his Challenged-built Chaos Lord and his BSB (sorry cant remeber all of the items but I do know he had some sword that ignored armor saves). In the first round, my DreadLord challenged his Lord and out of his 5x attacks (thanks to the Hydra Banner), and combined w/getting Killing Blow off with the Cauldron of Blood, manged to wound all 5x times, w/3x being Killing Blow hits! Needless to say, his Chaos Lord died a quick, death, while the rest of the Cold one horde demolished his horde unit, breaking them and running them down, which pretty much won me the game right there =D. Already this unit is off to a great start, hope to try it out some more today against some HE and Ogres so Ill let you know how it goes.

However quick question, if I cast Killing Blow on a model that has it already, Killing Blow is then on a 5+ instead of a 6+ when rolling to wound correct? Both me and my opponent checked and thats what we agreed upon, however I just want to make sure if we didnt do anything wrong. And finally, I plan to run Dark Magic today and from looking at it, it seems is an amazing Lore, honestly dont know why people prefer Shadow over it but thats just my honest opinion on it (took Metal against my Chaos Opponent for Obvious reasons), and as for the list, should I drop the Spearmen in favor of running more Crossbowmen to support my Cold One Horde?

Oberst
11-05-2012, 13:33
It's nearly my army, well done

Capt._Jaelinek
13-05-2012, 13:36
Xbows can't take a magic banner. How I wish they could take the flaming banner :(

Otherwise nice looking list.

hazmiter
13-05-2012, 13:49
Dance of doom is unnecessary, death hag gets 4++ for being cauldron attendant.
Also, K blow doesn't stack. Best off giving 5++ to the knights, or +1 buff from cauldron.
Good point out on banner eternal flame too.
No banner murder? No sac dagger?? And no back up caster???
Metal makes a mockery of high armour saves, but, does nothing much vs low saves.
And no hoard spears....... Speed bumps???