PDA

View Full Version : When Wulfri enters the battlefield question.

Sunner
07-05-2012, 19:44
If I put Wulfrik the Wanderer in a unit of 40 Chaos Maraurders, horde formation, how do I deploy the unit if the back half of the unit is still off the table edge after I make the movement onto the table?

The unit was coming in behind the enemy line on the first turn, if that changes anything.

hamsterwheel
07-05-2012, 21:32
If I put Wulfrik the Wanderer in a unit of 40 Chaos Maraurders, horde formation, how do I deploy the unit if the back half of the unit is still off the table edge after I make the movement onto the table?

The unit was coming in behind the enemy line on the first turn, if that changes anything.

He can't be placed there. As both the rules for reinforcements and for units that have pursued and returned to the board, the back end of the last row of models has to be touching the board edge and the unit must be facing towards the battlefield. The FAQ also says something about a unit's first row of models cannot exceed 2x movement in inches from the board edge, this was put in to prevent people from making a single line of models going from the edge all the way across the board.

Edit:
I assumed you were half way off the board because the enemies deployment prevented you from placing the whole unit in the rear of his army? The placement requires you to place the full unit with the last row touching the back and then you can do a standard move but may not march.

T10
08-05-2012, 05:33
As hamstewheel says: Place the whole unit on the table, then move.

I seem to recall this is different from WH40k, where the unit's have to spend their move getting onto the table from the edge. But that is also a different game. :)

-T10