PDA

View Full Version : hell pit abomination/steam tank

Khorneflakes
08-05-2012, 01:31
do they have a 360 degree line of sight? as they are able to turn right around and kind of charge a unit behind them i would like to know. im thinking they dont but kind of hopeing they do

Capt._Jaelinek
08-05-2012, 02:16
At least for the steam tank I would say no 360 LoS. All the pivoting occurs in the movement phase. In the shooting phase you determine LoS from the gun muzzle. If the turret swivels 360, then maybe for that.

Not sure why it matters for hellpit abomb.

GodlessM
08-05-2012, 02:22
Neither have 360 line of sight, but both can charge 360 because that's how the rules for Random Movement work. Read up on Random Movement in the BRB.

Khorneflakes
10-05-2012, 05:33
i wanted to use the slaanesh spell titilatting delusions on it and place the marker behind it so it would go backwards towards it. looks like ill have to cast it just off to its normal los arc

TD wont work on steam tank as its iop, but included it as another 360 moving unit

T10
10-05-2012, 12:10
Also, Delusions does not affect models with the Immune to Psychology rule, and Team Tanks have at through their Unbreakable special rule.

That's slightly beside the point, though: Delusions can still make units move "backwards": the target point need not be in the unit's forward arc but must be in line of sight.

Lord Solar Plexus
10-05-2012, 14:22
I'm sure someone must have asked this before but is the pivot part of their movement? Movement can turn into a charge, so if yes, pivoting enables a charge, but if it isn't part of the random movement you could block such a unit with something 1" to its flank...or not?

Jim
10-05-2012, 15:18
As far as I understand the rules you don't count the pivot as part of the movement.

You can easily block it from pivoting by placing a model in its side or rear arc so it can't pivot forcing it to moving 'forwards' without any turning.

Also by careful pivoting I think you could 'choose' which facing (ie front/flank/rear) of the enemy unit you contact as you pivot and then move directly forwards - there is no charge so you don't have to work out majority of models, etc... Correct???

Jim

Jim
10-05-2012, 15:24
edit: Which means you could start the game with it on the 12" line of your deployment and facing to the side. Turn 1 you pivot around the central spot to face 'forwards' thus gaining another inch or 2 before you make your 1/2/3 D6 move... Valid tactic or WAAC cheesefest???

GodlessM
10-05-2012, 20:46
I'm sure someone must have asked this before but is the pivot part of their movement? Movement can turn into a charge, so if yes, pivoting enables a charge, but if it isn't part of the random movement you could block such a unit with something 1" to its flank...or not?

It isn't part so blocking it using the 1" rule is viable, and certainly often the best option against the likes of the Abom. Skaven players would call it gamey though.

Lord Solar Plexus
11-05-2012, 04:56
Okay, thanks, that's what I vaguely remembered.

Khorneflakes
11-05-2012, 05:04
isnt your foreward arc your line of sight?

Blkc57
11-05-2012, 06:13
Not always, Khroneflake.