PDA

View Full Version : Slannesh Sonic Weaponry

broken_system
01-05-2006, 00:20
Do the sonic weapons have to be represented by a "speaker system" looking weapon or could you just use a modified bolter given its stats as a.2 or h.3. I am trying to go for a more "dakka" feel to my army and i love the stats of the sonic weapons, i just dont like the way they look. Personal Preference i guess.

GodofWarTx
01-05-2006, 08:30
let me just say if i was playing you and a group of chaos marines with normal-looking bolters opened up on me with 3 shots each, i wouldnt be happy.

Convert em away from the GW style, but dont leave them as stock-looking bolters. Im not sure this is what you are going with, but Classic Noise Marines held guitar like weapons.

C. Langana
01-05-2006, 08:53
Go the orky route, just give them huge multi barrelled cannons or something. Just make them obviously not bolters.

Anvils Hammer
01-05-2006, 09:58
so long as they weapon they carry obviously has more firepower, and that there is a clear difference between "bolter" and "sonic bolter" etc.

Im one for guitars on noise marines personally.

t-tauri
01-05-2006, 10:50
I like the sonic weaponry myself but if you aren't using the "proper" GW minis with guitars or the newer sonic gear then you need to convert so it's clear they haven't got bolters and also to distinguish between blastmasters and sonic blasters.

RampagingRavener
01-05-2006, 10:53
Yea. Make sure that they're obviously Sonic Blasters and not just fancy bolters, make sure that they're all the same, and it should be fine. Essentially, they have to clearly be diffrent from bolters.