PDA

View Full Version : Empire 1k pts

mike20
08-05-2012, 13:37
Hey, Im putting together a core of 1000 pts which I will expand later on. Ill mostly be playing High Elves, & VC. Let me know what you think

Captain - FP, En. Sh. Warrior Bane (2+Sv) -76

Captain - BSB, FP, Sh. Tormentor sword, dragonhelm, dawnstone (2+ Re-roll Sv) -134

Priest - HA, GW - 72

Spearman x47 - full command -265

DemiGryphs x3 - full command - 204

Stank -250

I have one stubborn block which shouldn't break, plus a stank to hold up a flank, or deal with any monsters if need be and a pretty hard hitting flanker for a 1k game. Plus a pair of magic weapons for any ethereals. My concern is in the magic phase, which i can only really dispell via the priest, or hopefully snipe off with a stank or something. How much of an issue is this in such a small game?

Moss
08-05-2012, 19:52
Tough list, I like it.

I doubt magic will be much of a concern (if you really want to stop that VC player from dominating the magic phase, you'd have to totally rebuild your list, which is just silly). My only suggestion is to give that BSB the dawn stone or dragon helm or something. Anything cheap to boost survivability a bit. To get the spare points, I would drop the champion on the demigryphs. It's something like 20pts for an extra attack. For those points, I'd rather have an extra point of AS on my 200 victory points-worth BSB.

mike20
10-05-2012, 03:13
should I maybe drop the WP and replace it with a wizard?

Moss
10-05-2012, 03:19
I don't think it will change the dynamic of the list very much, nor do I think it will help/hurt you much more. You're basically sacrificing combat ability and armor for more versatility (and randomness) in spell selection. It really just depends on how you're feeling that particular day.

Yes, I realize this wasn't very much help at all.

NordlandDefense
10-05-2012, 20:47
Hi Mike,

Long time reader/lurker, but just signed up to reply because I'm planning on fielding a very similar list in a 1000 point game, and was curious how your game goes. Here's some ideas:

I think it's certainly will work without a wizard, but I think a lvl 2 could really do some damage, and if you choose something like fire that can be particularly damaging in low point games, it can also serve as your attack against ethereals. If you did want to stick with the magic weapons, I'd at least spend 5 more points and get something like the shrieking blade that would be more useful. Probably not going to do much against the HE, but at least could negate fear rolls with the VC. But if you take him I think I would get rid of one of the captains before the warrior priest; I think they're just too good.

In my particular list I just have the wizard and WP, halbrediers instead of spears, and an extra Demigryph. Many would say it's dumb to not have a BSB for empire, but at 1000 points you're pressed in the crowded hero selection, and this list is designed to be very aggressive. If you're losing combat with this list, you've most likely already on the verge of losing here.

A lot of people would say the full command is wasted points on the demis, but I like it in this list, because at a low point game the preceptor can challange a decent amount of heroes and win, so that's some extra victory points.

The one big achilles hill from the High Elves would be if he took Metal Lore, which would fry both of your expensive hammers. Usually unlikely in an all-comers, but if he knows he's specifically playing Empire it's a lot more likely a consideration.

Question - what is making your block stubborn? Did you mean steadfast, or am I missing something?

Best of luck with you games and let us know how they go!

Moss
11-05-2012, 00:10
If you did want to stick with the magic weapons, I'd at least spend 5 more points and get something like the shrieking blade that would be more useful. Probably not going to do much against the HE, but at least could negate fear rolls with the VC.

FYI it makes the model immune, not the unit.

mike20
11-05-2012, 15:18
I originally had crown of command, but i removed it since I figured I would be steadfast if needed.

mike20
11-05-2012, 15:27
Updated List:

Captain - FP, En. Sh. Biting Blade (2+Sv) -81

Priest - HA, GW - 72

Bright Wizard - lvl 2 - 100

Halberds x47 - full command -312

DemiGryphs x3 - preceptor - 184

Stank -250

Superdan21
11-05-2012, 22:19
Really like the list for 1000 points seems very effective for a low points game, the only thing i might change is taking a musician over a preceptor, i went without any command when i last used demigryphs and the one thing i found frustrating was not being able to quick reform especially when flanking with them, other than that a really good list i think be good to know how it goes

mike20
12-05-2012, 15:13
Captain - FP, En. Sh. Biting Blade (2+Sv) -81

Priest - HA, GW - 72

Bright Wizard - lvl 2 - 100

Halberds x47 - full command -312

DemiGryphs x3 - musician - 184

Stank -250

MR. GRUMPY
13-05-2012, 01:21
I think its a tad bit top heavy. I would drop the captain and cut the halbs to 40 and add in another support unit of some sort. Outriders maybe since core shooting has been so gimped?