PDA

View Full Version : If you could only play one more game?

Malorian
08-05-2012, 16:06
For whatever reason you are going to have to get rid of all of your models, terrain, and supplies, and will never be able to play again. The only bright note is the fact that you get to play one more game. So what would you do with it?

Would you want to play a competitive game or a fun game?

Use the models you know and love or try out that odd unit just to say you did?

Would you make it a larger game?

Make it a crazy scenario?

No I'm not getting out of the hobby, but I just wanted to know how people would like to see their last game going down.

Urgat
08-05-2012, 16:13
Biggest game possible, with everything I and my friends have, with two castles, one on each side, the first one to take the opponent's castle wins :p

Jind_Singh
08-05-2012, 16:24
Biggest game possible on a HUGE board with my Orcs & Goblins - and I want to play against a massive Empire army! A game so big it would go on for days!

Djekar
08-05-2012, 18:50
It would have to be with muh boyz - those greenies got me into the game. Then I would throw everything I own on the table (throw is figurative here) and amass enough friends to play a 10,000+ point game. I would make that game last as long as humanly possible. I would also probably finish painting my orcs too.

Then I would try to find them a nice home. And I'd cry like I was 8 and watching the end of "Where the Red Fern Grows*" again.

* yes I know it was a book, but I cried more as a boy at the movie than at the book.

Moss
08-05-2012, 18:57
I would bring Cupped Hands and Soul of Stone on my Slann. And I would use the Lore of Life along with Focus of Mystery to ensure I got Throne. Also, I wouldn't use any more than two dice per casting attempt. I would NOT let a stupid miscast ruin my last game.

Valaraukar
08-05-2012, 19:13
As others have said HUGE FUN game, with multiple story driven objectives using my re-combined chaos forces! I love the idea of having opposing castles with a capture the flag sort of objective and perhaps key points such as bridges, gates etc. and loads of custom house ruled characters and units to represent regiments of renown and might heroes. best of all I have two Castles... now I just need to find someone else bonkers enough to give it a go...

Fritzallmighty
08-05-2012, 19:37
Definitely a large, strange game. I'v always had this idea for a battle that took place upon a sea of islands floating in the sky. Each would drift a random direction d6" a turn, maybe you could give wizards a spell to move them, or have cannon shots affect them (sort of like the screaming bell) or something to give the players some element of control. Maybe have portals that connect them, or maybe units have to wait until 2 collide to cross them; hasn't all been worked out yet. But if I only get one more game, I'd like to give it a try.

The Low King
08-05-2012, 19:43
Everything everyone i know can field, no matter the points, unlimited troops.

DaemonReign
08-05-2012, 19:47
That game would take a few days I reckon.
It would be big. :)

Djekar
09-05-2012, 11:44
Ooo, I think I might try to stage an invasion like in the narrative battles section of the BRB - recycling core units? The game will never end! WAAAAGGHHHH!!!!