Spear Chukka
Spear Chukka

8 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers

3 Goblin Wolf Chariots

Rare (250)
Rock Lobber
Rock Lobber

Doom Diver Catapult

All of that should come to 990 points (10 pts left for random stuff). There are two problems that I know people will address:

1) Leadership. No BSB and my general doesn't stay with the rest of my army. I think this is ok. All of my units are cheap, expendable, and auto-lose combats anyway. The only issue is with the Wolf Chariots - losing one to shooting and running away. Hopefully, my 7 warmachines can neuter most of my opponent's shooting.

2) No magic. This one seems crazy, but I don't think I need it. I only have access to the Goblin lore (kind of underwhelming). I have no good place to put a wizard. And in smaller games, I would have to dump 1/10 of my points to have even half-way decent magic.

The general plan is to have my NG archers sit behind a wall of bolt throwers, while the Squig Hoppers and Chariots run down the flanks. What do people think?

ftayl5
09-05-2012, 09:15
Spear Chukkas are underwhelming in my experience. The more you take the more damage you can do, but also the more chance of misfire.
Really if you don't take everything down with shooting (and in most cases you wont) you'll die instantly once combat is reached.
I don't think this kind of list will work, for any army, at any points level, ever.
Sorry.

danny-d-b
09-05-2012, 11:46
since when did bolt throwers missfire- then again I play empire, don't use bolt throwers

someone2040
09-05-2012, 12:13
Orc and Goblins ones do because they're ramshackle contraptions. So every roll to hit of '1' you roll on the stone thrower misfire chart.

Leth Von Lucifuge
09-05-2012, 18:46
Not really sure about the stats on the cave squig, but it looks very much like an army a freind of mine runs at 2500.
If I may recomend, combine the archers into one unit, it'll help with Ld since you have to worry about panic most. Be sure to keep the general nearby too, maybe even drop the squig so he can join the unit and get LoS.
But with chariots and squig hoppers, I'd say you have a solid base for combat, maybe drop a spear chukka or the spiders for an extra fanatic.