PDA

View Full Version : Fanatics against warmachines and random movement

darheresy
09-05-2012, 12:22
1. When a night goblin fanatic moves in contact with a warmachine do you use the toughness of the warmachine or the crew when you work out how the fanatic wounds the warmachine?

2. If a unit of squighopper use their random movement against a unit that is already fleeing does it overrun aoutomaticly or does the other unit get a chance to flee before you move the squighoppers?

GodlessM
09-05-2012, 12:35
1. Nothing distinguishes Splat attacks as close combat attacks so use the toughness of the machine.

2. No charge reaction so they would be destroyed if you contact them.

Artiee
09-05-2012, 14:44
2. The squighoppers would distroy the fleeing unit and move the full distance of the random movement roll. Then can take a Leadership test to see if they can reform. This is in the charging of fleeing units rules.

Iraf
09-05-2012, 15:14
2. Sorry Artiee, that is unfortunately wrong. You make contact with the fleeing unit, close the door, and then the unit is destroyed. You don't move the full random distance when charging fleeing units. After which you may make a reform. (ld test required) Pg 23.

hamsterwheel
09-05-2012, 15:27
2. Sorry Artiee, that is unfortunately wrong. You make contact with the fleeing unit, close the door, and then the unit is destroyed. You don't move the full random distance when charging fleeing units. After which you may make a reform. (ld test required) Pg 23.

Oddly enough, how would this interact with the FAQ entry?

Q: If I charge an enemy and they are wiped out before the
Close Combat phase, can I choose to either Overrun or Reform
From Victory? If I can, when does this occur? (p58)
A: Yes. This occurs at the start of the Close Combat phase
before any blows have been struck.

Page 23 prohibits the unit from moving any further in the Movement phase, but the FAQ entry clearly states that the unit can overrun or reform again at the beginning of the close combat phase.

Artiee
09-05-2012, 15:33
Hamster, The FAQ entry is if a unit it distroyed between the charge and combat phase.

Iraf, Still reading it. But I guess our group mixes in the pursue rule into it.

Iraf
09-05-2012, 15:37
I believe the intent of the Q&A is dealing with units that are destroyed due to Magic, or some such other events. The way the Q&A is worded you could argue that charging fleeing units would fall under this category, but is definitely not what the Q&A is discussing.

ihavetoomuchminis
09-05-2012, 20:35
Regarding fanatics and mangler squigs.....

Can they be directed to a unit engaged in combat? What happens if a mangler squig or a fanatic passes through a unit in CC? Does it hit only the touched unit/units? Does it hit both with 2d6 hits (if its a mangler squig) each unit? Or does it make 2d6 hits wich are randomized?

hamsterwheel
09-05-2012, 20:40
Every unit they come in contact with takes the hits. If they come into contact with only the enemy unit then that unit takes the hits, if they contact both units, then both units take the hits. And yes, they can be directed towards a unit in combat.

Damocles8
13-05-2012, 17:49
2. No charge reaction so they would be destroyed if you contact them.

You just set off a lightbulb for Steam Tank usage, thanks!

GodlessM
14-05-2012, 02:22
You just set off a lightbulb for Steam Tank usage, thanks!

It's a widely known tactic that is rarely used, mostly because it never comes up. The Stank is usually either bogged down in combat for the game, or is better off going into a fresher unit while something else takes down the stragglers. For cheaper Random Movement units though, it is a no brainer every time.