PDA

View Full Version : Just another "Help me decide what army to start next!" thread

Vanger
01-05-2006, 09:03
So, I'm close to finish my balanced, but prone to be shooty Ultramarines (Just some more transports and plastic scouts with sniper, when they come out.), but I'm eyeballing my next army.

So there are 4 possible choices for next army.

1.) Necron. I already have a bunch of warriors, and like the cold and calculating look of them and they are shooty. (Started to collect them, when my girlfriend left me :eyebrows: ) I like being shooty.

2.) IG. Lots of pieplates, I like the Leman Russ Battletanks, the basic grunt, whit which I can identify myself, the whole shooty aspect of them. Did I mention I like being shooty? But IG is heck lot of models on the downside and not easily transported. (As I tend to attend tournaments, altough I'm a newbie.)

3.) Tau. Battlesuit heavy of course, with lots of Pathfinders and Markerlight galore, and Hammerheads and Broadsides. When I was little I loved Transformers and all that jazz. And they are shooty. Hm, did I already mention I like shooty? But I hate the basic grunt model, but replacing them with XW15s would be a bit of expensive.

4.) 13. Company. The easter egg. Footsloging (no bikes), not too much models, easily transported in just 1 standard GW figure case. More then capable in CC. I would like to convert them more chaotic (using only SW upgrade sprues for the wargear to be WYSIWYG), because I find the space puppy plastics hilarious.

So if you would be so kind to help me decide which to start next. Any pros and cons are welcome.

Cheers

Vanger

Edit:
If you have any other ideas for other armies that would suit, mention them. But remember, I will NOT start 'nids, any kind of DA, DW, RW, another loyalist SM, no CSM, or any kind of Ordo.

Wolf Sgt Kirke
01-05-2006, 09:13
Go guard, tanith - all those infiltrating units, means less transport needed! unfortunately they're really hard to win with but i like the challenge!

Tanith first & only!

starlight
01-05-2006, 09:27
Actually you seem to have listed them in a good order.:D

Any would be good, so choose the one that would keep your interest.:D

Stormwarningz
01-05-2006, 13:37
I would love to see a tranformers army. I considered it but went down the Ninja route. So If you go for Tau, I want to see pictures posted in the Gallery.
Ok