PDA

View Full Version : Army Builder Software....Can I get it for free??

paco's Roughnecks
01-05-2006, 13:05
With much intrigue I have stumbled upon the army builder 3 report here and was suprised to see that it cost monthly for upgrades.... I was wondering if any body can give me a link to a site where i can download something similair but for free.

Thanks for your time.:D

onnotangu
01-05-2006, 13:59
no
make one yourself. or use excel.
nothing in life is for free.

ghost hunter
01-05-2006, 14:06
not even love is free

Ironhand
01-05-2006, 15:23
It doesn't cost monthly. You buy the software for like $40, and then it's $12.95 per year IIRC thereafter to renew the licence, which gives you access to any upgrades.

bryankia
01-05-2006, 15:49
IronHand beat me to it. And let me tell you 13.00 is a steal for this program.

Army list validated-Check
Tweak army list easily- Check
Run through vastly different army types quickly-Check
Ability of my opponent to know my army list is legit-Check
Ability to know my opponents army list is legit- Priceless.

I recommend program to everyone.
Bryan

PS On a side note and not to sound high handed or holy-er then thou. People make a living developing this program, as in feed there family and such. They work hard and deserve to be paid for it.

damz451
01-05-2006, 16:25
i just use pen, paper and a calculater seems to work well

my_name_is_tudor
01-05-2006, 16:27
The yearly license renewal is annoying in my opinion. Not even Micro$oft do things like that. I mean, I know they are trying to make money of it - but its not like we don't have to pay in the first place.

Sick
01-05-2006, 16:32
Not even Micro$oft do things like that.

Yeah, ol' Bill Gates would probably be the richest man in the whole universe if he did so.

Krusk
01-05-2006, 16:32
I think AB version 2 is more or less free, of course you can only make lists of around 500 points or so, and it is not as snazy as the newer version.

Yodhrin
01-05-2006, 16:51
These (http://bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=84742), Word and a calculator are all you need for classy army lists.

EDIT: And stop berrating him for asking if a free version is available, there's nothing wrong with checking, and I personally would use a free open source version over a pay one no matter what the program.

MadJackMcJack
01-05-2006, 17:28
A 40K version? No, I don't.

Ironhand
01-05-2006, 19:37
One more point about ArmyBuilder. It's usable with a variety of game systems including 40K, WHFB, BFG, Flames of War, WAB, Mordheim, and so on. I think it's one of the best value for the money programs I've ever seen.

paco's Roughnecks
01-05-2006, 20:14
Thanks guys I appreciate the input and comments and for you who berrated me I was only asking a question but to those of you helpful thanks a bunch.

keep it up

bryankia
01-05-2006, 21:03
Just on the outside change that I am the berater!!! That was not my intent. I just wanted to state how good ab3 is and any attempt to gain access to a commercial product that people use to provide for there family's is "wrong". I did not mean to imply that you wanted to do anything wrong. I am all about live and let live. Like many have said pen and paper can do a fine job.

Bryan aka the highly opinionated but never judgmental helper.