PDA

View Full Version : Stand and shoot question

spaghettyhoop
12-05-2012, 22:45
Quick question about stand and shoot.

Does it still abide by all the normal rules for shooting other than the range part (as the brb states that you are assumed to be just within range unless outside of it)

Key part been, line of sight. For example, if I charge a unit of archers in the rear where they could normally not shoot at me, do they get a stand and shoot reaction? I feel they shouldnt, as they would need to turn round (reform essentially) and it would then be getting charged in the front.

theunwantedbeing
12-05-2012, 22:57
Stand and shoot follows all the normal shooting rules.

You do get a stand and shoot reaction at an enemy that charges you in the rear.
Although as nobody will be able to see the enemy, nobody will get to shoot.

T10
15-05-2012, 14:34
Quick question about stand and shoot.

Does it still abide by all the normal rules for shooting other than the range part (as the brb states that you are assumed to be just within range unless outside of it)

Key part been, line of sight. For example, if I charge a unit of archers in the rear where they could normally not shoot at me, do they get a stand and shoot reaction? I feel they shouldnt, as they would need to turn round (reform essentially) and it would then be getting charged in the front.

You resolve the shooting immediately when declaring the S&S charge reaction, so you work out line of sight, forward arc and range of each shooting model as is, with special dispensation with regards to range. However:

Sometimes one or more models in your unit don't get to shoot because the enemy begins its charge outside that model's forward arc.

Sometimes one or more models in your unit don't get to shoot because the enemy begins its charge outside that model's line of sight.

-T10