PDA

View Full Version : 2500 vc cavalry for tourney

Hinaelark
13-05-2012, 12:53
I decided to try a different cavalry list than what I've posted previously in hopes of making it closer to being able to handle anything. I played one game Friday against warriors of chaos and lost by approx 300 pts but also couldn't roll worth anything on any of my magic phases (failed to get a 12+ on four dice w/ a lvl 4, failed twice to get an 18+ on 5 dice w/ a lvl 1, failed once to get a 6+ on 2 dice w/ a lvl 1).

This is the list that I played:

Lords:
General:
Vamp Lord on barded nightmare, lvl 1 caster
armour of destiny, red fury, supernatural horror, aura of dark majesty
404 pts

Master Necro
lvl 4, MotD
220 pts

Heroes:
Vampire on coven throne
heavy armor, sword of anti heroes, charmed shield, red fury
424pts

Cores:
Crypt ghouls x30
300 pts

skeleton warriors w/ spears
full command, licheborn pennant
165pts

Dire Wolves
4 units of 5 wolves
160pts

Specials:
Hexwraiths x5
150pts

Black Knights x7
screaming banner, lances
196pts

Rares:
Black Coach
195pts

Blood knights x4
flag of the blood keep
285pts

Lord goes with the black knights. Ideally the black knights, blood knights, black coach, and coven throne stay somewhat close together and are all on one flank to try and roll the flank then come through the rest of the battle line.

The chaos list was:
lord on a manticore, armor that makes you reroll successful hits
chaos sorcerer
bsb (don't know what this guy was)
exalted champ on a juggernaught
1 unit of khorne warriors w/ halberds
1 unit of tzeench warriors w/ hand weapon + shield
3 units of chaos knights @5 knights each (mark of khorne)
1 unit of marauder horsemen w/ mark of slannesh
2 units of chaos hounds

The black coach was definately the mvp of the game, it killed a unit of dogs, took a charge from the lord on a manticore and held him for a round until reinforcements could arrive, broke and ran down both the khorne warriors and tzeench warriors, scoring something like 900pts by itself.
The blood knights killed 1 unit of chaos knights, absorbed a lvl 3 fireball taking only 1 wound, and then with a single model left charged the lord on a manticore, got challenged and put two wounds on the manticore and ended up breaking them by only taking a single wound back.
The black knights attempted to charge the unit of marauder horsemen twice, the horsemen opted to flee both times til they were off the board. The black knights and lord died to a charge from the khorne warriors w/ halberds on turn 5.

The skeletons and ghouls died pretty quickly, all dead by the bottom of turn 3. The hex wraiths got hit by a magic missile in round 2 and was dropped to 1 model which then ran through a unit of chaos knights who kept failing their leadership to march and took three of them out before the general died on turn 5 and then died to crumbling.

The wolves did their job of ensuring that almost all of my opponents units were placed before any of my cavalry went down.

The second version of the list is as follows:

Lords:
General:
Vamp Lord on barded nightmare, lvl 1 caster
armour of destiny, red fury, supernatural horror, aura of dark majesty
404 pts

Master Necro
lvl 4, MotD
220 pts

Heroes:
Vampire on coven throne
heavy armor, sword of anti heroes, charmed shield, red fury
424pts

vampire bsb on barded knightmare
heavy armor, shield, fear incarnate, screaming banner
197pts

Cores:
Crypt ghouls x30
300 pts

skeleton warriors w/ spears
full command, licheborn pennant
165pts

Dire Wolves
4 units of 5 wolves
160pts

Specials:
Hexwraiths x5
150pts

Rares:
Black Coach
195pts

Blood knights x4
flag of the blood keep
285pts

it drops the black knights for a vamp hero bsb w/ the screaming banner and fear incarnate and moves that hero and the lord into the blood knights unit, making them 6 wide.

Another option for it still drops the black knights but doesn't have the vamp bsb but instead just has more blood knights (up to 6, ads on the rest of the command to the blood knights) and has about 75 pts left for putting in something else or increasing another unit.

Any thoughts and recommendations are welcome.