PDA

View Full Version : Death watch?

Stormwarningz
01-05-2006, 14:35
So I lost my White dwarf that covered the Death watch.

Can some one tell me. What was so special about them? Apart from the fact you could mix chapters.

:confused:

Any help would be great thanks.

calicojack
01-05-2006, 14:44
They come [on the table top] in single units, and they have special ammunition for their Bolt-weapons. The can be lead by a Deathwatch HQ choice as well. That about sums it up, without posting actual _rules_. As to their "fluff," you can easily find that if you have internet access [which, since you're posting on this forum, we'll assume you do]. It's slim, but available.

ghostchant
01-05-2006, 15:51
as far as i know you can only have them as a HQ

Wonderdog
01-05-2006, 16:02
You could either buy a squad or squad + character (captain or librarian) as an Hq choice. They could buy special ammo types for their bolters, and have true grit. They also got a special move and fire heavy bolter with a special ammo type for it.

Additionally, you can upgrade any model in a normal marine army to deathwatch, and he gets access to the special ammo options.

I love em... ahv ea whole army of the buggers (using suffer not the alien and trust your battle brothers doctrines).

#Wonderdog

Sekhmet
01-05-2006, 17:35
so is an ordo xenos codex comming out to finish off the inquisition armies? which WD is it btw, I'd love to buy it!

ghost hunter
01-05-2006, 17:37
there are some flaws with those rules like they are marines yet they dont have the " and they shall know no fear" rule or veterans with a powerfist and a boltgun cant have the special ammo

Railgunner
01-05-2006, 17:37
Same as Sekhmet, which issue are they in?

Railgunner

Insane Psychopath
01-05-2006, 19:48
You'll find them in UK WD 306, page 30.

Yes Deathwatch Kill team are pretty cool squad. Man... that now another army to do on the "to-do list" :rolleyes:

IP

Stormwarningz
02-05-2006, 14:27
Thanks guys this is great stuff. let me know if you find anything else.

Fal
02-05-2006, 20:27
I found this

Text deleted by The WarSeer Inquisition

Stormwarningz
03-05-2006, 13:12
Wow thats a lot.
Thanks Fal.

damz451
03-05-2006, 16:08
i'd save that info before an admin deletes it

BloodiedSword
03-05-2006, 16:36
In case (or rather, when) those rules are deleted, you can instead look here:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/campaignweekends/assets/medusa-v-pack.pdf

The Dark Stars campaign players pack contains full rules for the DW, with the only difference being that there is no option to use a Librarian there. Probably for balance reasons, as this is an option for Guard.

From what I can see it is otherwise exactly the same as the rules for SM DW.

Wintermute
03-05-2006, 18:37
Can I remind everyone posting rules and articles from rule books is a breach of copyright AND a breach of Forum Rules.

I've deleted Fal's post which copied the Death Watch Article from White Dwarf.

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inqusition

Fal
03-05-2006, 20:52
Can I remind everyone posting rules and articles from rule books is a breach of copyright AND a breach of Forum Rules.

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inqusition

Sorry...:o

Stormwarningz
05-05-2006, 12:46
Deepest apologies
Grand Master Librarian

Gaebriel
05-05-2006, 12:50
In case (or rather, when) those rules are deleted, you can instead look here:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/campaignweekends/assets/medusa-v-pack.pdf

The Dark Stars campaign players pack contains full rules for the DW, with the only difference being that there is no option to use a Librarian there. Probably for balance reasons, as this is an option for Guard.

From what I can see it is otherwise exactly the same as the rules for SM DW.
Not exactly, Dark Star quotes the second latest version of the Deathwatch rules - similar but not the same...

animal
12-05-2006, 19:11
hi this may be topic nicking but i don't know where to post it and i can't start my own thread

i have over 40 death watch marines (don't asK ) and am attempting to build an army which uses traits to represent them

thought trust ur battle brothers etc
but my question was can the deathwatch be taken as the only HQ choice for the army or do i need another HQ to act as such thanks

animal

Dakkagor
12-05-2006, 19:13
if your playing marines, then a deathwatch acting commander using the marine rules would be fine.

Otherwise, an ordo hereticus inquisitor can be used to represent a ordo xenos inquisitor nicely.