PDA

View Full Version : New Tomb Kings Player 2400

Jack Shrapnel
14-05-2012, 16:53
Not sure if this is terrible or not... lol... I'm new to Tomb Kings (as in haven't played even one game yet!) so trying to get my head wrapped around a list....

Lords:

Tomb King: General, sword of might, armor of destiny, shield
Liche High priest: Hierophant, dispel scroll, talisman of preservation, level four

Heroes:

Ramhotep the visionary

Core:

6 skeleton chariots - full command, banner of the eternal flame
20 skeleton archers with musician
20 skeleton archers with musician

Special:

25 tomb guard - standard of the undying legion
6 Ushabi with great weapons
tomb scorpion
tomb scorpion

Rare:

Necrolith Colossus with additional hand weapon
Casket of Souls

2398 points

Echunia
14-05-2012, 20:45
Well Ushabti aren't very good. I would probably replace them with a unit of necroknights. You may want to consider getting halberds on the TG.
Other tips would be: Get dragon bane gem on king to protect the TK. If your running Ramhotep you might want to consider using no other constructs than Necroknights to ensure they get the 3+ reroll.

The main problem with the list is that the TG are very deathstar-y but aren't very big. I would try to bump them to 30 and drop a scorpion or smthn.

All in all not bad (except for ushabti) but not very competitive either.

bigbear bailey
15-05-2012, 06:22
I think 5 ushapti can hit really hard, especailly if you but rameotep in with them (thats 24 ws 4 attacks that reroll to hit and have str 6). You would be playing the 50/50 game of weither or not his reroll save rules helps though (which is really only good for N knights).

Honestly the T. king feels out of place. Sure he can fight but if you are taking the big guy I see it only as a option to do a whole death mask thing. Other wise save the points and take a prince as our heros have the stat line of most others lords.

With the extra points I'd add maybe a catapult?

Spiney Norman
15-05-2012, 07:36
I think 5 ushapti can hit really hard, especailly if you but rameotep in with them (thats 24 ws 4 attacks that reroll to hit and have str 6). You would be playing the 50/50 game of weither or not his reroll save rules helps though (which is really only good for N knights).

Honestly the T. king feels out of place. Sure he can fight but if you are taking the big guy I see it only as a option to do a whole death mask thing. Other wise save the points and take a prince as our heros have the stat line of most others lords.

With the extra points I'd add maybe a catapult?

Ushabti have ASL with great weapons, if Ram isn't dead before they strike then you are either fighting something really crap like slaves of your opponent is a total numpty ans deserves to lose the game anyway. T4 models with no save are not difficult to remove in a single round.

Your tomb king does nothing that a Prince with a great weapon and AoD couldn't do, if you just want him to give your TG a decent WS I would go with the prince and take the extra points. Also, while tomb scorps aren't terrible, they're not really that good either, one is ok as an indulgence, but two is putting serious points into a unit that will probably do nothing and may not even turn up.

Jack Shrapnel
15-05-2012, 14:40
Thanks for the replies and help

My thoughts are with Ushabi (other than they're great models) that they're equivalent to an unbreakable irongut... I also play ogres, so figured for a couple points more having irongut equivalents that are unbreakable, and if in range have a small chance of regen was a good deal... lol... guess that shows me to not compare cross armies eh? WS4, T4 with a 5+ 6++ and multiple wounds don't seem that easy to remove en masse to me... but as I've said I'm very new to tomb kings and likely just keeping with my experience with ogres (who seem to survive fine with WS3, 5+ ASL)

really good point about the tomb king... I was under the impression that the king was necessary for a hitty general, but that's more of a VC thing I guess... it's the hierophant I have to keep alive.... the WS boost is the big one, so I'll switch out for a prince instead if they're basically as good...