PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen for TOS; 2000points

oCoYoRoAoKo
15-05-2012, 10:34
Hey All,

This list is basically my backup incase my current army project isnt finished in time for the November TOS. Note that the last TOS i went to was 2400 points for fantasy so this is pretty much just a cut down version (dropping the lvl3, one level 1, and the 2 units of 5 ungor raiders).

Beastlord: 247
Armor of Destiny, Crown of Command, Great Weapon, Dragonbane Gem

Wargor: 206
BSB, Heavy Armor, Beast Banner, Gnarled Hide, Shield

Bray Shaman: 75
(Shadows)

Bray Shaman: 125
(Shadows), Shard of the Herdstone

40 Ungor: 215
Full Command

39 Gors: 337
Full Command

29 Bestigor: 393
Full Command, Banner of Discipline

Ghorgon: 275

Razorgor: 55

Razorgor: 55

So its a pretty standar list...and then we come to the Ghorgon. Most people will say that its a waste of points but hear me out. At the last TOS it was easily my MVP. It was so good infact, that it single handedly won me one of my games (breakpoint, by eating both my opponents BSB and then his general), and was instrumental in my other victories (I would have got best beastmen if it werent for the Skaven army that owned me in my last game).

Sure its over-costed when compared to the newer monsters but not everyone has the ability to take it down easily and stubborn Ld10 really helps in a tight spot.

meowser
15-05-2012, 17:07
I don't think the herdstone is worth it with only 2 spells to cast per turn. Maybe drop that for the Chalice or a third razorgor or 5 harpies?

10_minute_pie
16-05-2012, 21:59
+1 previous post. I really don't see the heard stone doing much with only 2 spells to cast. I'd like to see some lore of beasts for wildform in your list. My biggest reservation is not the gorgon, but rather the 40 man Ungor herd! I can't see it doing anything other than holding up a non-elite unit for a turn or 2, and eventually costing you 240 points.

I'd break the Ungors into small chaffy units, and spend the saved points on more lvl 1's with shadow, beasts and bound spell spams. That, and harpies!

Mirbeau
16-05-2012, 22:47
+1 previous post. I really don't see the heard stone doing much with only 2 spells to cast. I'd like to see some lore of beasts for wildform in your list. My biggest reservation is not the gorgon, but rather the 40 man Ungor herd! I can't see it doing anything other than holding up a non-elite unit for a turn or 2, and eventually costing you 240 points.

I'd break the Ungors into small chaffy units, and spend the saved points on more lvl 1's with shadow, beasts and bound spell spams. That, and harpies!

I'll echo that on the Ungor - two units of ten, and one of twenty (for support and watchtower(?)). Harpies are very useful too. Besides that, nice list, should have a good time with it. Good luck!

Sexiest_hero
16-05-2012, 23:00
Bah, Visit the Herdstone, they are finnally having an awakening to ungor there. I'd try to fit the chalaice of rain in there somethere. Ghorgon is the man I agree, he's the MVP of my games too, Hasnt died yet!

Ahra Returns
25-05-2012, 12:05
Sorry for the thread-o-mancy - but I think this list looks pretty interesting. I like that you've got a Ghorgon in there too.

Just out of interest, where will the characters go? I'm hoping to go to Nov ToS myself!

Have you got much playtesting done with it?