PDA

View Full Version : Maneater list 5.5

FallenScholar
01-05-2006, 16:25
OK finaly got a game in with 5.5

General
Paymaster
Level I with scroll (Take heavens magic for re roll spell)
Level I with 2x scrolls (Take heavens magic for re roll spell)

10x duelists
10x duelists
11x duelists
all with pistols

5x light cavalry with spears and shields

3x maneaters 2 with long swords 1 with great weapon

DOW giant

Overall I am happy with the list. Still needs a little tweek here or there but I am happy. Must keep the paymaster alive at all costs!!! This is key!!!

Now do I drop 2 units of cavalry and 1 unit of duelists for another giant?

Fallen Scholar

Your Mum Rang
01-05-2006, 17:12
Crikey! Scary list! I don't know what I'd do against that with my planned Beasts or existing Woodies.

metallegion
01-05-2006, 18:33
So maneaters are special?

metallegion
01-05-2006, 18:34
Where are the rules for this list?

Trunks
01-05-2006, 18:41
Everything in the Ogre Kingdoms army book that can be taken as Dogs of War by other armies is a single Special choice in a pure Dogs of War army. This includes Maneaters.

Yes, this makes Maneaters more available in a Dogs of War army than in their parent Ogre Kingdoms list (which makes perfect sense according to their background).

Cpt. Drill
01-05-2006, 18:48
GAY AS CHIPS!

That is a really poerful list.. with a stubborn centre with a re-roll on leadership

and all that fast dancing cavelry!

FallenScholar
01-05-2006, 19:03
Not everything in the OK list is dogs of war; just bulls, ironguts, leadbletchers, and maneaters. Anything that is classed as "dogs of war" in the OK book is a special choice for a DOW list.

Fallen Scholar

Trunks
02-05-2006, 02:48
Not everything in the OK list is dogs of war; just bulls, ironguts, leadbletchers, and maneaters. Anything that is classed as "dogs of war" in the OK book is a special choice for a DOW list.

Fallen Scholar

Are you addressing my post? It starts off with:
"Everything in the Ogre Kingdoms army book that can be taken as Dogs of War by other armies . . ."

Never said everything in the OK list is dogs of war.

The one and only James
02-05-2006, 03:08
Edit:My bad, I misread something. Sorry for the bad post.

FallenScholar
02-05-2006, 15:38
After a few games here are a few things I have learned.

Maneaters can hit hard but do not win combat that much.......they need the paymaster to stay alive so they can re roll the break test that they will take. Also maneaters have been the last thing left on the table at the end of the game. Immune to psychology and stubborn 8 are key.

The paymaster must be kept alive (see above).

The light cavalry are great for getting a flank or rear charge however they die in droves. Example: 2 units of light cav hit a small unit of dwarf greybeards (10) with banner and champion. One in the flank, one in the front. He still wins combat and I break and run with both units. Great idea, bad end result.

The general is there for leadership 9 duelists and the odd wound that he will cause when he charges with his unit of maneaters.

Still trying to figure out how to use the duelists. The are a new addition.

Fallen Scholar

vincengetorix
04-05-2006, 15:46
I've got a very similar list worked up, except that i use the ME's a little differently. I take 4 units of heavy cav, 4 single maneaters and 2 giants, along with a paymaster, 2 lvl 2 casters and 1 lvl 4 caster. The single maneaters do very much the same job as your units of three but I free up a lot of points for other stuff, and you'd be surprised how resilient that one maneater is. The upgrade to heavy cav makes a huge difference because they actually kill stuff on the charge.

I also have versions with duellists but i have also not found a good use for them. They're great with pistols but that doesn't fit the fluff really.

Cheers

Ganymede
04-05-2006, 16:29
I would be very, very careful with your lone characters, especially your paymaster. If anyone hides in the maneater units, they can be singled out for shooting because of their base size. Even a volley of ten arrow shots can kill a paymaster.

The only other place to hide them is next to the duellist units, but that's panic central.