PDA

View Full Version : Sergeant Lysander of the Imperial Fists

Glenn87
18-05-2012, 00:48
just wondering, I know Lysander was in the 3th edition codex as a Sergeant.
Did he ever have a model like this?

Sgt John Keel
18-05-2012, 03:08
To the best of my knowledge, he did not.

Chem-Dog
18-05-2012, 04:03
No, he definitely didn't.

Eldartank
18-05-2012, 04:56
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a metal Sargeant Lysander model years ago. Either that or it was Sargeant Naaman (I think Naaman was Dark Angels). I definitely remember seeing a picture of a fully painted Sargeant Lysander with an Imperial Fists squad, but that may very well have been a conversion.

unwanted
18-05-2012, 12:45
He never had an actual model, just like Captain Cortez didn't originally have one either (And the one he got... Well, it really shouldn't be mentioned, ever!). I always thought it was a missed opportunity that he was made Captain, as he used to actually have character, now he's just another "Hulk, SMASH!" Marine bonehead...

Lord Damocles
18-05-2012, 18:18
There was never an official model, but a converted version was pictured in the first edition of the Space Marine Collectors' Guide.

Eldartank
18-05-2012, 19:54
He never had an actual model, just like Captain Cortez didn't originally have one either (And the one he got... Well, it really shouldn't be mentioned, ever!). I always thought it was a missed opportunity that he was made Captain, as he used to actually have character, now he's just another "Hulk, SMASH!" Marine bonehead...

I noticed that they tried to make the Captain Cortez model look like the Space Marine Captain on the cover of the 3rd Edition Space Marine Codex, which featured Crimson Fists. I play Crimson Fists, and I made the mistake of getting that Captain Cortez model. Maybe I'll get lucky and the value of that Captain Cortez model will go up because of people wanting to have a collection of "GW's worst models" or something like that, and then I can sell it on e-bay for some extra money. ;)

btw, I now have the Captain Lysander model painted in Crimson Fist colors, and he is my "Captain Cortez." I figured that by now, Cortez would have Terminator Armor.

unwanted
18-05-2012, 22:43
I still remember... Dave Taylor? He'd done a very nice Crimson Fist army way back when, including a ridiculously nice Captain Cortez. If only they'd taken their cue from his army instead.

And Cortez in TDA? That'd be absolute overkill. Cortez' story pretty much read like Chuck Norris Facts: 40K Edition :D

carlisimo
19-05-2012, 01:09
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a metal Sargeant Lysander model years ago. Either that or it was Sargeant Naaman (I think Naaman was Dark Angels).

If you're thinking of a scout sergeant (chainsword held out to the side), then yeah, that was Sgt. Naaman of the Dark Angels. Great model. I loved those scouts, before they all developed big-head (and bigger chin) syndrome.