PDA

View Full Version : Another attempt at a Lizardmen Army 2145

Miyozaki
18-05-2012, 04:20
This is my idea for a setup against my friend's WoC. He has recently taken a few Tzeentch options over Khorne options and his Warriors are really giving me hassle in Combat against my Saurus blocks. He only runs his Warriors in blocks of 12 too and they still give my blocks of 24 (with spears) hassle, especially if they don't have Speed of Light on them.

Sick of the humiliation of it all (his Lv.4 Wizard Demon Prince keeps sending my Slann into Oblivion with his magic), I decided I would bite the bullet and buy myself a steg to run around as an Engine to support my pitifully low on Initiative lizards.

Any and all critiscism is welcome as, although I'm now coming to terms with the rules, I'm really not at 100%.

Lord: Slann Mage-Priest
Cupped Hands, Itxi Grubs, Plaque of Protection, BSB
Higher State, Focus of Mystery (Light), Focused Rumination

Hero: Skink Priest
Lv.2 Wizard, Engine of the Gods, Diadem of Power, Dispel Scroll

Hero: Scar Veteran
Great Weapon, Light Armour, Dragon Helm, Dawnstone, Venom of the Firefly Frog, Cold One

Core: Saurus Warriors x24
Spears, Musician, Standard

Core: Saurus Warriors x24
Spears, Musician, Standard

Special: Cold One Cavalry x5
Musician, Champion

Special: Chameleon Skinks x10

Special: Chameleon Skinks x10

Rare: Salamander Hunting Pack
Extra Handler

Rare: Salamander Hunting Pack
Extra Handler

This list comes in at around 2282pts

My experience so far is that without Lore of Light, Core Lizards really do not fare well against his Warriors, Knights or even his Marauders. What I can remember from his team is. Demon Prince, Lv.4 Wizard, MoT - Exalted Hero, Axe of Khorne, Acid Ichor, Shield, MoK - 5x Knights, Lances, MoK - 5x Knights, Ensorc. Weapons, MoT - 5x Warhounds, Scaly Skin, Poison Attacks - 5x Warhounds, Scaly Skin, Poison Attacks - 10x Marauders, Flails, Light Armour, MoK - 10x Marauders, Flails, Light Armour, MoK - 12x Warriors, Additional Hand Weapons, Shield, MoT - 12x Warriors, Additional Hand Weapons, Shield, MoT.

Would this also be a good all comers list?

Miyozaki
11-06-2012, 22:44
I updated my list to something I want to try with the models I have (will be green-stuffing 2 Cold Ones into Salamanders). Again, any and all suggestions will be appreciated and although I'm mainly against WoC, I would like to see if this list would stand against other armies, too.

Moss
11-06-2012, 23:38
Not to sound like a jerk, but why did you think an eotg would be especially useful here? The shield and (imo) bonus to casting are wasted, making it basically an expensive fiery conflagarationer. I realize its also a wiz and can get impact hits, but the thing is like 450pts. Almost a quarter of your army. I personally would drop it (and higher state/plaque of prot) and get some TG. Makes you more competetive (again, imo), even if a litlle more cookie cutter build-ish.

Miyozaki
12-06-2012, 00:06
Mainly because I don't really have any heavy hitters apart from my Scar Vet. The Ancient Steg packs a punch and the engine is there because I read that the Burning Alignment does wonders against things like Chaos Warriors, which are the units causing me the most problems right now. Fantastic AS and a 5+ Ward from MoT makes them difficult to take out.

Moss
12-06-2012, 20:33
That's a valid point; the no armor save is great. It just seems that you could get so much more for that many points. But, it's also a cool model and I always like using it anyway even if it's not the optimal choice, so I won't argue against it any more.

You might consider dropping diadem on him. You want those dice for your slann to cast, not to be wasted by saving to dispel. Maybe give him the dawnstone and give the vet another defensive item? Either way, I'd protect him, as even with a 2+ AS he will die in combat (just about everything hits on 3+ and wounds on 2+).

I'd drop a unit of chamo skinks and get another salamander. Or just drop a few from each. Warriors' armor makes it tough for skinks, but the -3 from the salamanders I think totally negates it.

I love the lore of light, but have you tried metal? You can do a lot of damage to his MSU army with those missiles. You can probably knock out a unit or two before combat is even joined. Just advance slowly (or not at all) and magic the crap out of him as your skinks and sallies dance around and shoot. Focus on and pick off a unit a turn. A concerns is going to be protecting your slann from his prince. Maybe keep him in a saurus unit the first two turns and then take him out before his line reaches you?

Ximinipot
15-06-2012, 04:41
You should take The Becalming Cogitation on your Slann, and target his Daemon Prince. Also Plaque of Dominion might be nice as his Daemon Prince(if in range) will have to make a stupidity check at the start of his magic phase. Yes, he'll normally pass it but if he doesn't he doesn't cast during that magic phase as he now suffers from Stupidity for that turn. Also as for making your Slann more effective, The Focused Rumination will do wonders. Also Lore Of Life, while not effective for damage output, will make your Saurus units incredibly tough. I mean Toughness 6 or 8 respectively is very hard to get through.