PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Point Malekith Fluff Army

Warhammer002
18-05-2012, 10:08
Hi, I really want to make an army around pre Dark Elf Malekith and I just want to know what everyone else thinks.

Prince Malekith (247p)

Great Weapon
Level 1 Wizard (Radiant Gem of Hoeth)
Dragon Helm
Heavy Armour
Barded Elven Steed

Silver Helms x5 (155p) with Malekith

Lance
Heavy Armour
Shield
Barded Elven Steed
Full Command

Sword Masters x21 (345p) 7x3 Formation

Great Weapon
Heavy Armour
Full Command

Archers x10 (125p) 5x2 Formation

Hand Weapon
Longbow
Light Armour
Musician

Archers x10 (125p) 5x2 Formation

Hand Weapon
Longbow
Light Armour
Musician

The only thing fluff wise that is wrong is the Sword Masters but I was going to say they are soldiers that Malekith has personally trained.
Remember this a fluff army so I don't want people saying that this and that won't work. Thank You

ftayl5
18-05-2012, 13:19
This and that won't work. :p

Why light armour on the archers? If they get in combat they're almost definitely going to die anyway. Seems like a waste of 20pts.
Silver Helms are pretty terrible. Dropping the light armour would let you make them dragon princes (albeit with just a musician), which are infinitely superior. If you desperately want full command, drop a few sword masters as well.
Given that you're playing for fluff, don't worry about that if you so cringe at the idea of dragon princes on horses being used in this time period, or in an army this small. Silver helms aren't actually awful it just seems silly to take them when princes are so much better for so little cost.

What lore will Malekith be using?
He seems a tad under protected, but there's little you can do, he already costs more than I'd want to pay for characters at 1000pts. I'd put some thought into making him just a Noble. He'll lose an attack and some WS and a wound but be quite a lot cheaper and can still take just as many magic toys as he has now. You could spend the saved points on an eagle.