PDA

View Full Version : 2,000 points of Ogres - Need help!

Ahra Returns
21-05-2012, 08:48
Hi,

I've been collecting for a long time (since the High Elves vs Goblins edition) - but I'm much more of a 40k player than a Fantasy player.

Recently though, I've started to get back into the game (though I've only played 2 games in this edition and I only played about a dozen fantasy battles in the whole 7th edition).

I've really liked Ogres ever since their first army book and I have a small collection of Bulls, Ironguts and Gnoblars.

Anyway - now the new book is out I'd realy like to get back into the game and, as Throne of Skulls here is 2,000 points, that's what I'm aiming towards.

I haven't really done much research on what I should/shouldn't do/take these days, but this is what I've come up with:

Slaughtermaster
- Level 4, Ironfist, Hell-Heart - 338 pts

Bruiser
- Battlestandard Bearer, Runemaw, Heavy Armour and Ironfist - 199 pts
(I thought about swapping this for a standard of Discipline (+1LD?) and then giving my Slaughtermaster some more gear)

7 Ironguts
- Full Command Group and Lookout Gnoblar - 336 pts

6 Ogres
- Full Command Group, Ironfists - 222 pts

24 Gnoblars
- Goinbiter - 65 pts
(I basically took these as I have the models and maybe they can camp my table quarter, or something?)

4 Mournfangs
- Full Command Group, Heavy Armour, Ironfists and Dragonhide Banner - 360 pts

3 Leadbelchers
- Bellower - 139 pts

Ironblaster
- 170 pts

Ironblaster
- 170 pts

1999 pts

Any tips/hints or do's and dont's would be really appreciated - what could I do to make it more competitive etc etc.

Thanks

Sicarius the 2nd
21-05-2012, 12:36
Seems a good start the only thing I would change is get rid of the groinbiter in the gnoblars and upgrade them to Trappers, they have fun abilities!

Andy

Ahra Returns
22-05-2012, 09:02
Seems a good start the only thing I would change is get rid of the groinbiter in the gnoblars and upgrade them to Trappers, they have fun abilities!

Andy

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - I've had a look around and I'm fairly happy with the choices I've made in terms of overall composition.

I'd considered dropping the Gnoblars for 2 solo sabretusks - for re-directing and hunting warmachines. What do you think?

Slaughtermaster
- Level 4, Ironfist, Dispell Scroll - 313 pts

Bruiser
- Battlestandard Bearer, Biting Blade, Armour of Fortune, Ironfist - 179 pts

7 Ironguts
- Full Command Group, Standard of Discipline and Lookout Gnoblar - 351 pts

6 Ogres

24 Gnoblars
- 60 pts

4 Mournfangs

4 Leadbelchers
- 172 pts

Ironblaster
- 170 pts

Ironblaster
- 170 pts

1997 pts

OR

Slaughtermaster
- Level 4, Ironfist, Ironcurse Icon, Dragonbane Gem and Dispell Scroll - 323 pts

Bruiser
- Battlestandard Bearer, Biting Blade, Armour of Fortune, Ironfist - 179 pts

7 Ironguts
- Full Command Group, Standard of Discipline and Lookout Gnoblar - 351 pts

6 Ogres

Sabertusk
- 21 pts

Sabertusk
- 21 pts

4 Mournfangs

4 Leadbelchers
- Bellower - 172 pts

Ironblaster
- 170 pts

Ironblaster
- 170 pts

1999 pts

If I took Gnoblars I'd like to find the extra points for trappers... but I don't know where they'd come from! :(