PDA

View Full Version : Suffer the Unclean to Live... 1200, 1500 5/25 game

Hive Fleet Chiron
23-05-2012, 04:06
Hello all I am making a Nurgle themed list that will eventually include the likes of bile trolls and other goodies for the Throne of Chaos book. I am currently reading it and all who have not I would suggest it. I am as my tag says a 40k player who has tried fantasy before and made other lists but recently picked up some warriors and have started making my horde to pestilence.

I will be playing with a group this upcoming Friday and have realized that I don't have a list. They are an agreeable bunch and are great fun to play against. They know the rules in and out and although I have read most of the rulebook, will help me hammer out the kinks.

Alright on to the list:
List 1: 1500
Lords:
Chaos Lord- Distendable Maw, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Great Weapon, MoN (332)
Heroes:
Chaos Sorcerer- Third Eye of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Lore of Nurgle, MoN (180)
Core:
32 Chaos Marauders- MoN, Full Command, Flails (210)
5 Chaos Warhounds (30)
24 Chaos Warriors- MoN, Full Command, Halberds, Shields (468)
Special:
Chaos Knights- MoN, Full Command (280)
Rare:
-none-

List 2: 1200
Lords:
Heroes:
Chaos Sorcerer- Third Eye of Tzeentch, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Might, MoN, Lore of Nurgle, Lv. 2 (190)
Core:
40 Chaos Marauders- MoN, Full Command, Flails (250)
5 Chaos Warhounds (30)
5 Chaos Warhounds (30)
5 Marauder Hoursemen- Full Command, Throwing Spears, MoN (135)
29 Chaos Warriors- Full Command, MoN, Halberds, Shields, Festering Shroud (561)
Special:
-none-
Rare:
-none-

The idea was to try to use the collection that I have and will be able to build before Friday. I have 40 Marauders to build and was thinking of getting 5 horse for the marauders.

The first list was to try and include the Nurgle lord that I purchased because of the model. I love that model and seeing a couple of them finished by the painters at my store, I decided to buy him a while ago. I never got around to painting him but, oh well I will do that soon enough. I figured 32 marauders and 24 warriors where enough for people to deal with infantry wise but, the more I think about it both units seem a little small, then again it is 1.5k. I have built the knights but, kind of didn't want to use them, yet. I like knights and don't get me wrong they will be 'bringing the thunder' later when my mounted lord comes to play. I just wanted the fluff to keep my warriors army mostly marauders until 2k+ where more warriors will come and I may even shelf the marauders. As I understand that in the new book warriors will be cheaper/more prevalent. Tactically, I would use the dogs as chaff and the marauders as bait, as most people are scared of them, to get my expensive Halberds to kill some stuff with their lord.

The second list was so that we could run a 2400 point game with me and some one who knows more about the rules against some of the others there. 40 marauders and 29 halberd toting warriors would be a pain I think not to mention their nice putrid banner that is consistently sapping more strength from my foes.
Warhounds would be chaff again and horsemen would be harassers for warmachines and assisted rear combat res if my team gets desperate.

I am trying to make a list that will scale well up to 3k being the max that we play, and at 2k including warhammer forge's bile trolls or plague ogres I have not decided.

I have decided to post my lists here to see if anyone has any ideas on what I should get and what would be the best uses for the units I have already. I would also like to know what people think of trolls and the other goodies of the warriors special section. I would like to stick to nurgle for the time being and only really have the time to purchase maybe one kit between now and then. Thank you for your comments.