PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Plague Furnace Question - help please!

donaldtroll
24-05-2012, 08:48
Hello guys

Was playing a game of warhammer recently (vc vs skaven) where this situation came up:

I shoot my banshee at his plague furnace... How is the hit resolved? Do i roll once to see who gets hit, and use the LD value of the component affected? (0 for PF, 6 for PP)
Can the plague furnace with 0 LD use the generals LD if within 12? Or is this somehow a case where they use the highest characteristics on the model? (if this is the case it would have 6 collective wounds, not 8?)

I tried to look at the troop type in the 8th rulebook, but the Plague Furnace was listed as unique... The Unique units page had a big picture of a plague furnace on it but did not answer my question in any way shape or form :D

THanks for replying

bad dice
24-05-2012, 10:57
Hello guys

Was playing a game of warhammer recently (vc vs skaven) where this situation came up:

I shoot my banshee at his plague furnace... How is the hit resolved? Do i roll once to see who gets hit, and use the LD value of the component affected? (0 for PF, 6 for PP)

Yes

Can the plague furnace with 0 LD use the generals LD if within 12? Or is this somehow a case where they use the highest characteristics on the model? (if this is the case it would have 6 collective wounds, not 8?)

Yes but it can also use the pp LD since its chactrer in the unit.

I tried to look at the troop type in the 8th rulebook, but the Plague Furnace was listed as unique... The Unique units page had a big picture of a plague furnace on it but did not answer my question in any way shape or form :D

THanks for replying

donaldtroll
24-05-2012, 11:40
Yes

Yes but it can also use the pp LD since its chactrer in the unit.

OK thanks for the explanation... so the lizardman sword does not auto kill it either since he can use the PP ld as well i assume??

Scalebug
24-05-2012, 12:06
Unless explicitly told you are to use somethings own leadership, you can always use the best value available; characters riding, in the unit, general nearby, etc.