PDA

View Full Version : What Currently Existing army would you use for Fishmen?

Vandelan
24-05-2012, 20:32
Of all the armybooks out there, which one would you choose to represent Fishmen in all of their... fishy glory? What sort of models would you use to represent the Fishmen?

I sort of got the idea after looking at the Ghoul King on the front of the GW site and thought it would make a great Fishmen model, but I couldn't even think of what unit it would count as!

bildo
24-05-2012, 20:35
lizardmen, ive seen it done with daemons though.

http://trollforged.com/shelf_fantasy_Fishmen.html

BorderKing
24-05-2012, 20:37
Ogres would be the obvious choice due to the FW fishmen being 40mm. However, if you want to use models with base size the same as ghouls, Beastmen or Lizzies would be your best bet.

Vandelan
24-05-2012, 20:53
Ogres would be the obvious choice due to the FW fishmen being 40mm. However, if you want to use models with base size the same as ghouls, Beastmen or Lizzies would be your best bet.

Ghouls are on 20mm bases, Gor and Saurus Warriors are on 25mm bases.

thesheriff
24-05-2012, 21:04
Easily Lizards with the Fishmen models.

Cthulhu Priests = Skink Priests
Deep ones = Skinks
Cthulhu High priest = Slann
Behemoth Crabs = Salamanders

And, look around, I remember seeing some sites that did kraken style monsters that would fit on a chariot base for Stegadons.

thesheriff

Haravikk
24-05-2012, 21:09
Lizardmen are the only ones with any real aquatic rules, and are cold-blooded, so they seem the most likely candidate.

unknown_lifeform
24-05-2012, 21:38
+1 for lizardmen.

Slann would be a goldfish being carried around in a bowl - a terrible psychic goldfish!

I could see either goaded spiny pufferfish or octopus (firing acidic ink!) as salamanders. Then giant lobsters for stegadons.

Urgat
24-05-2012, 22:19
Ogres would be the obvious choice due to the FW fishmen being 40mm.

Am I the only one thinking "huh?" because of that sentence? FW fishmen? Maybe you're mixing with fimirs?

Slann would be a goldfish being carried around in a bowl - a terrible psychic goldfish!

If you've watched a certain Southpark episode, you'll know that goldfishes can be quite scary :D