PDA

View Full Version : Night goblins 2000pts

JDV311
26-05-2012, 05:02
In your opinion how do you think this list would fare in a tournament?

NG Warboss w/Fencers Blade, Armor of Destiny,Dragonbane Gem, Ironcurse Icon
NG Great Shaman w/dispel scroll Level 4
NG big boss w/great weapon X4
NG Big Boss BSB w/LA, Sh, Banner of discipline

38 NG with bows, fc (bunker with Gen/BSB)

95 NG with spears, fc (NG BB's and G.SHaman)

55 Squig Herd 40/15

10 Trolls

2 Manglers

Trains_Get_Robbed
26-05-2012, 23:36
N.G done correctly, my suggestions are just ideas to think about:

I would heavily consider splitting up the 95 into two separate units, as if your running them 5 wide to push the Bsb to the back then you really don't need 95 in a single unit, and if your not, and running in horde then they will very easily target your Bsb (unless your a reforming bawss).

I would shave off a good 30-40 make a smaller bunker for the Bsb and general -they're not supposed to be in combat and if he is 38 is too many to guard them in my opinion, and too unwieldy.

My list would be:

NG Warboss w/Fencers Blade, Armor of Destiny,Dragonbane Gem, Ironcurse Icon
NG Great Shaman w/dispel scroll Level 4
NG big boss w/great weapon X4
Goblin Big Boss BSB w/ various survival kit +2 A.S and Luckstone (make him look like a N.G)

20 NG with bows, fc (BSB and shaman)

40 NG with spears, fc (3 NG BB's) [horde]

35 NG hw/s, f.c, (Gen, 1 NG BB) [5-wide]

45 Squig Herd 33/12

7 Trolls

2 Manglers

5 N.G wolves/spiders

chariot

chariot (this one may not fit points-wise)

*add fanatics 1-2 to every block and nets save for bunker with extra points, the additional chariot(s) and redirector should help with deployment as it will give you extra drops, while making your list less one-dimensional, while keeping the same feeling of large blocks. The chariots are more "punchy" wolves/spiders that can hit a flank in round 2 of combats giving your some C.R that your N.G's will be bleeding, or can be used as re-directors as they're cheap enough.

Good luck.

Edit: You could also tweak your Gen's bulid to be Glittering Scales and Fencer's with a Strength potion to surprise opponents. hitting on 5's or 6's all the time is a pain in the butt even for characters, and he would have 5 attacks with the paired weapons at S7 to punch a key character's lights out, timing the potion right would be the only key.