PDA

View Full Version : High Elves - 2k - Magic heavy

mr_gosh_the_return
27-05-2012, 14:44
Another attempt at a competitive list, this time replacing cavalry with a chariot a friend gave me. This army seems to be going very defensive...

Archmage +1 level, Lore of Life (lore of Life) - Goes with phoenix guard 35

Mage, +1 Level, Seerstaff of Saphery (High Magic) - goes with sea guard

Mage (Lore of Metal) - goes with sword masters

14 Archers

25 Lothern Sea Guard,Sea Master, standard, musician

20 Swordmasters of Hoeth, musician, standard, Bladelord, Banner of arcane protection

20 Phoenix Guard, Keeper o/t flame, musician, standard, Banner of sorcery

Tiranoc Chariot

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Great Eagle

Kahadras
27-05-2012, 18:05
The Archmage looks fine but I'd think about shelling out another few points for the Silver Wand and maybe running him with the lore of Shadow rather than the lore of Life. I'd also think abour dropping the second Mage to save some points. With core I'd drop the Seaguard down to 20 and boost the size of the Archer unit then use these two units to bunker your two spell casters. The rest of the army seems pretty fine. I'd advise using the spare points (from the dropped mage) to upgrade the Tiranoc chariot to a Lion Chariot and maybe invest in another Eagle.

Kahadras

Trains_Get_Robbed
27-05-2012, 18:24
The LSG is fine, and Lion Chariots aren't worth it in comparison to Tiranocs. However, Kahadras is correct about Shadow Magic, and Silver Wand, I also think you should toss in the A.C or Scroll as you have no magic defense. After that add the Gleamming Pennant somewhere and your good to go.

mr_gosh_the_return
28-05-2012, 05:50
Thanks guys, I shall drop the extra mage for another eagle and a silver wand, may also spend some on a dispel scroll or something similar