PDA

View Full Version : frenzy and chariots

Khorneflakes
28-05-2012, 06:23
if i cast the frenzy spell from the slaanesh lore, how does it effect chariots? i know the two warriors on board will gain an extra attack and it wont effect impact hits but what about the chaos steeds?

Evil Hypnotist
28-05-2012, 07:23
Careful lest you open Pandora's Box...

There have been many discussions about the affects of Frenzy and whether or not it affects cavelry. Mostly it depends whether you consider the steeds as part of the unit or not so it's best to discuss with your opponent before the game. Personally, with chariots I think you have more of an argument for giving them frenzy as they are actually part of the unit and not just mounts.

T10
28-05-2012, 12:26
It seems the spell will affect all parts of all the models in the unit are affected, so each crewman and each steed of the chariot gain the Extra Attack special rule.

theunwantedbeing
28-05-2012, 12:45
The steeds are part of the unit affected by the spell, so will gain the benefit of the special rule given by the spell.

Nothing in the spell states otherwise.

Soundwave
28-05-2012, 13:06
The banner of rage has the same issues if your exalted bsb was to be mounted onto a chariot with the banner aloft.Same in a unit of chaos knights it stipulates the unit so hey are the steeds not part of that unit?I personally never use this i find my frenzy warriors capable enough and leave the steed element out.As far as the spell goes you do receive hits there after and the chariot is unit as a whole including the steeds so as to that i would say yes although still a grey area.

Khorneflakes
29-05-2012, 05:14
i would like to cast it on the chariot as it is T5 with a 3+ save to avoid the worse the spell will do to it each turn.