PDA

View Full Version : Stegadon have swiftstride?

dms505
29-05-2012, 16:33
Sorry to ask this if it's obvious to some or has been asked before. I have had trouble figuring out whether Stegadons and Ancient Stegs get Swiftstride. It doesn't list it in the book but it does seem to be one of those rules that says always says "refer to rules for".

So just double checking to make sure I've not missed an FAQ or something else.

1. Stegadon counts as a ridden monster
2. Monsters by themselves do not have swiftstride.

So with that it follows that while they are "like" Monstorous Cavalry, they are only Ridden Monster and thus DO NOT get swiftstride? just kinda sucks with something so well built for charging that it's so slow and tougher to actually get a charge off.

GodlessM
29-05-2012, 16:45
They don't, your instinct was corect.

Cambion Daystar
31-05-2012, 08:35
Good point. Played that wrong myself. Always assumed he had that rule.

Opponent never said anything too. On the other hand, bloody thing only made it to combat once :cries:

dms505
31-05-2012, 14:57
A few days ago I got an Ancient and a Normal Steg (Timewarped) into the same 25 man unit of Black Orcs with BSB, 24 out of 25 gone in 30 seconds. Bad luck then reared it's ugly head and a mangler Squig came through them both and kilt both Stegs. . .

SteelTitan
31-05-2012, 15:34
1. Stegadon counts as a ridden monster
2. Monsters by themselves do not have swiftstride.

So with that it follows that while they are "like" Monstorous Cavalry...

Stegadons have the model type "monster" and because of that follow those rules, i.e. no swiftstride. A ridden monster is not the same as monstrous cavalry.

Feefait
04-06-2012, 06:20
Same with Carnosaurs, who desperately need swiftstrider. :(