PDA

View Full Version : Alco's Vampire Counts

Alco Engineer
02-05-2006, 03:35
Howdy.

Well I've been doing a Vampire Counts army and wanted it to look a little different from the rest. I like converting plastic miniatures and don't mind dabbling with a little bit of green stuff.

The army was inspired by one in a White Dwarf from 2004 where a VC army was taking on a Dwarven army. This army had lots of converted stuff and really looked a bit different.

Here's a link to my Photo bucket album:

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/Alco_Engineer/Vampire%20Counts/

The pink things are my ghouls. I made them using the goblin heads from the wolf rider sprue (the wolves got converted into centaur style zombie wolves and the doom wolves are Werewolf conversions. Pic's to come later!) on Zombie bodies.

The top left picture has my 2 necromancers (my first real attempts with Green Stuff. They'll get updated soon and I might make a master necromancer too. The grey thing between them is my Banshee. Another conversion from the zombie sprue with a beastman bannerpole top as the head.

The knights are my headless horsemen. there's 7 of them and I usually feild a Vampire thrall (or a yet to be converted Wight Lord withe the sword of kings) with them to take them up to 8.

Finally my black coach (or plague wagon as I call it) is from the Carnival of Chaos Morheim gang. I left the roof off and made it look like it was full of bodies (the bulk of it's actually full of sprue rubble. I wasn't wasting zombies where they couldn't be seen!) This is the centre piece of my army. It's a bit of fun and something different.

The Fell bats are still a WIP. the wings were made from Brass rod and green stuff and these were attached to zombies. I plan on making a few more but that's all in the future.

The army is typically led by a Necrach Count bt I do swap around and have used Von Carstein and Strigoi vampires to mix things up a bit.

I know my painting's not up to the high standard of a lot of works around here, but I try and I'm happy with how they're turning out.

Apologies for the tea towel in the background. It was all I could use to stop the light reflecting off the background and ruining picture quality.

So and Comments or criticism is welcome.

tell me what you think!

TanithScout
02-05-2006, 03:50
hey there, im just starting out with VCs. i must say i like some of the conversions

my only crit would be some of the painting, i know undead are messy but some tightening up of color placement and a few more layers on some colors would vastly improve them

i love the conversions though

oh, another tiny crit, you got finger prints in your green stuff ;)

Alco Engineer
02-05-2006, 03:54
my only crit would be some of the painting, i know undead are messy but some tightening up of color placement and a few more layers on some colors would vastly improve them

Yeah I realise that but with a limit on how much time I want to spend painting them, most of them will get a fairly basic job. I must admit I tried a few more layers than I normally would, but a little more TLC couldn't hurt

oh, another tiny crit, you got finger prints in your green stuff ;)

Um.....yeah....that's a ......security measure.....yeah that's it. Helps me pin point which ones are mine ;)