PDA

View Full Version : Warzone miniatures (Excelsior Entertainment)

+_Void_Crusaders_+
02-05-2006, 05:16
Hey guys,
I've been looking into this "Warzone" game system and it seems pretty fun. I went out and bought a few basic troops (from ebay) and now that the producer has gone belly up, how the heck am I supposed to start this game!??!

I was just wondering if anyone had any stores near them that they know sell this miniature range... If not anyone have stuff (looking for imperial and bauhaus plastic troops) for trade or sale?

PS is the game as good as it sounds?

Frecus
02-05-2006, 10:35
I have heard it is based on one of the best game engines around, so I guess it's worth a try.

The producer has gone belly up, but I understood there's lots of people fighting over the license. It's only a matter of time before some long-time warzone fans will stand up and start moving the game forward.

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

Solomon Short
02-05-2006, 15:11
Warzone is in limob since the license got pulled by Paradox. There is a collectable game on the way but it is a different scale from Warzone. There was rumor the masters of the miniatures were to be destroyed but as far as I know this was never confirmed.
Right now fans are regrouping to do more fan based work but it really hasn't gotten organised yet.

t-tauri
02-05-2006, 18:06
Warzone is dead meat. The 40k scale mini moulds in the US have been destroyed. The new game is going to be collectible and a different scale and an extremely cheesy movie is apparently in production.

Some of the old minis are excellent and the background is as good as 40k. The systems pretty good and probably mechanically better than 40k. The Venus and Mars books are some of the best SF mini game supplements produced.

I think it's gone down for the third time now and really it's not going to come back up. It's gone the way of Vor where only a few fans will keep it going. I couldn't advise you to start it unless you've a wide masochistic streak.

+_Void_Crusaders_+
03-05-2006, 01:55
hahahahah what a post t-tauri!

Yeah I heard most of this stuff (even the destruction of the molds : ( )
I donno what I'll do really... I was thinking about trying out Warmachine too as it seems pretty popular... I guess that's my best bet...

Col. Dash
10-05-2006, 00:45
Destroyed the molds? by whose order. They were still producing minis as of 6 months ago. Did paradox destroy them, that would be a huge waste of money for them. I still have a giant imperial and Cybertronic army. I hope it somehow makes a comeback. It had by far, the best most realistic combat system of any tabletop game, and I have played many.

Brother Othorio
10-05-2006, 16:33
good lord.. all the molds? or just the ones for minis Excelsior scupted?

VanHel
11-05-2006, 00:34
I hope they don't, I eventually want to get some of their stuff for yet another IG army.

BDJV
11-05-2006, 03:42
Excelsior had to destroy thier production molds, but apparently Paradox has the master molds still. That seems to be my general understanding of the matter.

I love the Mutant Chronicles world and I hope Warzone makes a comeback. I just hope it is with an all new line and reliable manufacturer.

boogle
18-05-2006, 16:32
looks like Ebay might well be your only hope for models and gaming support

bloodangel
21-05-2006, 16:06
Well,it seems that I'm late on this topic....but I can tell you that the game was not too bad,but there is a plethora of the original(and rather unbalanced) system for Warzone.It,none-the-less had one of the most flexible troop choices and equipment options available compared to most games I've played.I recommend getting these rules and expansions and working out with your friends a balanced point system(which is what my group has done).I actually know someone who has a full set of the plastics and would most likely be willing to part with his Imperial stuff.I have some very well painted Bauhaus troops that rode some kinda T-Rex look-a-like lizard.My camera sux but I can guarantee you'll be pleased at the quality of work.Let me know if either of these interests you guys.

FEMA_Credit_Card
26-05-2006, 00:17
I consider Warzone the best sci-fi wargame of all time with only Warmachine coming close (or being equal). It's too bad the game never got more popular. I currently have a gigantic collection of WZ stuff stored up just in case I move somewhere that has a WZ gaming group.

chris_valera
13-10-2006, 03:50
I consider Warzone the best sci-fi wargame of all time with only Warmachine coming close (or being equal). It's too bad the game never got more popular. I currently have a gigantic collection of WZ stuff stored up just in case I move somewhere that has a WZ gaming group.

Yup. Somehow, Warzone seems to be cursed. The name itself means retailers are hesitant to order it again. No question that's why Urban Mammoth dropped the Void name and renamed their game Urban War.

The company that picked up Warzone, made it a prepainted collectible game and renamed it Mutant Chronicles.

Warzone as you knew it is dead.

But it's been all but dead for years now, especially under the mismanagement of Excelsior.

But almost everything you need has been produced, and is cheap enough on eBay. There's a point where you just get over yoruself, and collect two armies so you and a friend can play.

Yes, the sculpts aren't the best, but they have their charm. A lot of the stuff produced in the early nineties wasn't that great.

If you can accept the game for what it is, Warzone can be quite fun.

--Chris

t-tauri
13-10-2006, 08:43
Warzone as you knew it is dead.

So is this thread. Thread closed.

t-tauri

The Warseer Inquisition