PDA

View Full Version : Death Lore Attribute (Life Leeching)

Artiee
31-05-2012, 15:24
When Death mage cast Spirit Leech/Caress of Laniph/Fate of Bjuna and targets a unit member and does (lets say) 4 wounds. The unit member dies with one wound profile. Does the Lore Attribute take 4 wounds or 1 wound.

hamsterwheel
31-05-2012, 15:46
Interesting, the only thing I can find that might remotely address this situation is the section under multiple wounds and how a model cannot suffer more wounds than its profile and the excess are wasted, but then it goes on to say how this is different than multiple attacks that cause a single wound. This begs the question on whether combat results should be based on how many wounds were done versus giving a maximum number because all of the models in a subgroup within a combat were wiped out.

dms505
31-05-2012, 16:18
At least the way it used to be was that you could only get CR from models slain and not from the total wounds. So you had those choices where you REALLY wanted to wipe out a unit in a multi unit combat so you put 10 out of 15 attacks on a 3 model left unit, do 6 wounds and unfortunately lose that extra 3 CR for the overall combat, BUT you wiped out that unit. It forces us to make choices.

As far as the Death lore I'd have to say you'd get 1 wound caused on a 1 wound model since it's a single model target spell.

GodlessM
31-05-2012, 19:28
He only takes one.

Artiee
31-05-2012, 22:26
I may have not asked right.

I'm asking about the Lore Attribute, it says the number of unsaved wounds roll for a die for each. On a 5 or 6 get a power die back.

For a single 1 wound model, it does 4 wounds, but only one takes to kill it. Does the Lore Attribute get 4 dice to roll or 1.

madival
01-06-2012, 16:44
It's like konrads sword of waldorf red fury question. Even if you oblitersquish a 1 wound model by.a million wounds, the model only takes 1 wound because that's all he has.

hazmiter
05-06-2012, 08:28
Those 2 spells are prime dispel targets next to purple sun, and purple sun is one spell I have yet to use, and am hesitant to use due to it being able to come and backfire in your face.
The potential for a double the fun magic phase from it is high, but the dispel risk is still there.
As so far as wounds taken, and wounds on profile, I would say you get one 5+ dice, or if your opponent and yourself agree, 1 half of it becomes potential powerdice.
However, the attribute does state, for every unsaved wound caused.
This is a RAW vs RAI issue, where you read it as is, or as is intended.
As intended, its cap is, per wound caused to target model, with the potential power dice increase based on wounds that the model lost, ie one for a spearman, 2 for a hero, 3 for a lord.
If you want to be fair, its roll 1 d6 per wound caused by the spell, but only to a maximum of the wounds that model had.

SimaoSegunda
05-06-2012, 11:27
On the basis that it says "unsaved wound caused by the spell" and not "unsaved wound suffered by the model", I'd say roll 4 dice. The only spell specifically limited to the number of wounds on a model's profile is Purple Sun of Utter Beardiness, as per the lore attribute description.

dms505
05-06-2012, 18:07
On the basis that it says "unsaved wound caused by the spell" and not "unsaved wound suffered by the model", I'd say roll 4 dice. The only spell specifically limited to the number of wounds on a model's profile is Purple Sun of Utter Beardiness, as per the lore attribute description.

While I'm not sure how they intended the lore to work. The above idea does make sense. At first I was thinking, Well they only have one wound so they would die before the other 3 even hit, BUT that isn't really viable since the models ARE allowed to take more wounds than they have stated in challenge rules and combat resolution. I think this one really needs FAQed.

I realize how annoying it is that we have to have rule lawyers, but it sometimes feels like they write the BRB and then write the army books and don't bother to read both.