PDA

View Full Version : Empire 2400pts for All Comers for Critique

Hulkster
31-05-2012, 21:57
Hello everyone.

Please tell me what you think. Basic plan is for the blocks to hold the middle knights, outriders and cannon on one flank and steam tank with vollyball gun on the other. archers and hurricanum will go where necessary

anyway on to the list

Lords (474pts)
Arch Lector
Heavy Armour
Helm of the Skavenslayer, The White Cloak of Ulric, Fencer's Blades

Lore of Shadow, Wizard Level 4
Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Preservation

Heroes (285pts)
Captain of the Empire
Battle Standard Bearer, Full Plate Armour
Enchanted Shield, Relic Sword, Talisman of Endurance

Master Engineer (70pts)
Charmed Shield

Warrior Priest
Heavy Armour, Shield
Dragonhelm

Core (615pts)
15x Archers
40x Halberdiers Full Command
30x Swordsmen Full Command

Special (525pts)
Great Cannon
5x Outriders
10x Reiksguard Knights Full Command

Rare (500pts)
Celestial Hurricanum
Helblaster Volley Gun
Steam Tank

Total 2399pts

What do you think?

thrawn
01-06-2012, 00:18
it looks good, but where is your hammer? you got a couple of big sized units of core, which you can use as your anvil, but then what? how do you kill him? maybe swap the reiksgaurd with a horde of great swords?

Jezbot
01-06-2012, 04:27
It looks pretty solid, though I would maybe look at bulking up both infantry units with extra numbers, if you can find the points and have the models. Might also want to think about putting the Knights and Steam Tank on one flank together, and using them in combination to grind through enemy units, turning the enemy flank much quicker and then coming back to aid your troops in the centre. The other flank could possibly be anchored by the Swordsmen, with the volley gun there to terrify any possible flankers from coming anywhere near it. You might even want to break that archer unit up into a unit of 10 and a detachment of 5, and send the 5 guys up field to play redirecting and delaying games.

Also, in my experience anything that hits an engineer is going to ignore an armour save, and once he's in combat no protection will save him. Maybe give the charmed shield to the warrior priest, who really needs the protection, and leave the engineer naked?