PDA

View Full Version : Old metal Cadian IG figures

spikeyjim
01-06-2012, 13:59
Hi guys, just brainstorming for a possible project I might start, I want to to a desert themed IG army with the old metal Cadian models, do GW still produce these or does anyone know of anywhere else I would be able to get my hands on a fair few? Minus ebay of course.

Cheers in advance, spikey jim

ColShaw
01-06-2012, 14:16
They should be in the "classic figures" section on GW's website, for any still available direct from GW.

Rogerio
01-06-2012, 14:35
They are unfortunately not on the GW site anymore and the only way you can get hold of them is 2nd hand i believe !! a shame as they are much nicer than the plastics IMO.

Utred
01-06-2012, 14:38
There is the collectors section. I could be wrong, but I don't think the Cadian models are available under it. Mordian, Tallarn, Valhallan, and Steel Legion are.

Latro_
01-06-2012, 15:00
nope stopped doing them as there are plastic alternatives, same with catachans.

I know because my mate has 100 of them to paint in a month! (AND a whole load more owned), hes getting them ready for a weekend we're going to heh:

http://www.meltatotheface.com/2012/05/more-meat-for-the-grinder/

the swine also has a whole box (100+ guys) of pretorians, catachans AND mordians for years back! grrr

Veteran Sergeant
01-06-2012, 17:40
Ebay. They are there all the time, and if you are patient, you can pick them on the cheap. Some people out there vastly over-value them simply because they are out of production, but I picked up a few squads to round out my collection at about 8-10 USD per. That's probably a little lower than you can hope for, but it's just to show that you won't have to pay through the nose for them, but collecting may be slow unless somebody is offloading a ton at once.

GW made a ton of those models for at least ten years and IIRC it was the highest selling of the IGuard ranges. There's a boatload out there.