PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnian 2500pts VS Vampire Counts

bama
01-06-2012, 17:17
I have an upcoming game with a friend and I haven't played Bretonnians in years. As a matter of fact I just picked up the army last week. I expect to face a tooled up vampire lord or ghoul king, at least 2 necro's, a terrorghiest, and a mess load of ghouls. So, here is the army that I came up with based off of what I have:

Lord
Knightly vow
Virtue of Heroism
Sword of Strife
Mantle of Damsel Elena
Shield

Prophetess
Level 4, Life
Silver Mirror
Warhorse

Paladin BSB
Grail vow
Gromril Great Helm
Potion of Foolishness
Lance

Paladin
Grail vow
Gauntlet of the Duel
Virtue of Confidence
Lance, Shield

Paladin
Grail vow
Enchanted Shield
Sword of Heroes

Damsel
Level 1, Beast
Dispel Scroll
Warhorse

Damsel
Level 1, Life
Chalice of Malfleur

9 Knights of the Realm (Joined by the lord, Level 4, and BSB)
Full Command
Banner of Eternal Flame

7 Knights of the Realm (Joined by the paladin and damsel)
Full Command

8 Knights of the Realm (Joined by the paladin)
Full Command

29 Men at Arms
Standard and Musician

11 Skirmishing archers

3 Pegasus Knights

6 Grail knights
Standard and Musician
Valorous Standard

Let me know what everyone thinks. I know that trebuchets will help but I don't have any at the moment.

madival
01-06-2012, 20:30
Gauntlet of the dual, sword of strife, Pegasus. Throw that at the general and try to kill him. Blender lords have horrible saves and master necromancers stand no chance.

Askari
02-06-2012, 13:08
Gauntlet of the dual, sword of strife, Pegasus. Throw that at the general and try to kill him. Blender lords have horrible saves and master necromancers stand no chance.

3+/4++ or 1+/4++ if mounted is a horrible save?!

List is ok. You can try to HKB the Lord, but he's quite likely to kill you before you strike, try and multi-charge wherever the General is and win combat by a huge amount, crushing a huge chunk extra through Unstable. Better for the Lord to engage the Terrorgheist, much squishier and not as vulnerable to the Death Shriek. Infact, deal with the Terrorgheist any way you can, as that Shriek's entire purpose is to kill expensive heavily armoured models like Knights. As Bretonnians you have little to worry from Ghouls, they really suffer against heavily armoured opponents. If there are Grave Guard, sacrifice the Men at Arms to stall themor better redirect them, you don't want them chopping up expensive Knights or worse, Paladins. Pegasus Knights can target Necromancers in a bunker, or if he has them, things like Mortis Engines and Corpse Carts.